The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Persona fans on Resetera tell Atlus how to fix Persona

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona fans on Resetera tell Atlus how to fix Persona

User Info: ReliusClover

ReliusClover
1 month ago#1
There is a twitter campaign being spread by the forum, Resetera, (formerly members of Neogaf) with a list of demands regarding what they want to see in the next Persona game or update. It's pretty long and worth the read. They are hoping to target Atlus and make them listen. What do you think of the suggestions on the lists?

Oh yes, here are the lists:

https://i.imgur.com/qjGx0Rz.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ji1JQ4q.png

https://i.imgur.com/eHPhYB5.png
Check your privilege.

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
1 month ago#2
Why don't they make their own Persona game if they have so many demands. Seriously, thats just too much and most of it is 'bring back stuff from old Persona games'
And other half is 'make it so nothing offends western players'
I don't think anyone will take it seriously

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
1 month ago#3
I do agree with the option of male or female option, they did that in persona 3 portable after all.

But what should be adressed is the weird questions in school, how should the west know history stuff from Japan when history is barely given let alone anything Japan related (i simply look up the answers cause of this, but still), and it might be just me but why add questions on Plato? The guy couldnt even get the location on Atlantis right even when it was written in stone.

Maybe its time to have a Persona game set in the west as a spin off???? (Persona west?)
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
1 month ago#4
vocedelmorte posted...
Why don't they make their own Persona game if they have so many demands. Seriously, thats just too much and most of it is 'bring back stuff from old Persona games'
And other half is 'make it so nothing offends western players'
I don't think anyone will take it seriously

Basically this. I don't think they realize what a huge undertaking even adding a gender option is- That's something that'd have to be DLC at best and no one wants that. I'd certainly enjoy seeing a sole female protagonist again, though.

At the end of the day I want Atlus and Persona Team to just keep surprising me. Fan demands are almost always going to be detrimental to this series.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#5
I see some good ideas in there (consequences for dating multiple girls comes to mind), but overall it makes me question whether the forum members are acquainted with the concept of practicality.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
1 month ago#6
1Tekkaman posted...
I see some good ideas in there (consequences for dating multiple girls comes to mind), but overall it makes me question whether the forum members are acquainted with the concept of practicality.

This, and the above comment about how much of it seems to be about "not offending Western players". Given that much of the reason I like Persona is that it is more Japanese than most games that make it across the Pacific, I'm against just about anything that makes them more Western.

Especially removing the honorifics. I realize a lot of Western players don't get it, but the fact is that honorifics show nuances in the character relationships that simply can't be directly translated--not in a way that can be used consistently in normal conversation, certainly. I've seen way too many anime dubs that manage to change character dynamics purely by accident by omitting those.
And this above all: To thine own self be true...
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: darkmega703

darkmega703
1 month ago#7
They're asking for the ability to choose which skills get passed on when fusing.

You can already do this in the game.

User Info: Ridleyclone7296

Ridleyclone7296
1 month ago#8
Agree with some, disagree with others.

Spacefrisian posted...
I do agree with the option of male or female option, they did that in persona 3 portable after all.

They did, and in my opinion they also did it well. There is a major difference though: in P3P they already had a complete game to use as a base.
STOP CLONING ME!
3DS FC: 2105 - 8728 - 6264

User Info: EnigmaGamer

EnigmaGamer
1 month ago#9
darkmega703 posted...
They're asking for the ability to choose which skills get passed on when fusing.

You can already do this in the game.

In P4G too. I don't remember if P3P had it or it was the RNG thing since it's been a while since I played that.

Also, didn't P2 have adults mainly(never actually played that one but would like to some day)

Being able to romance with same gender S. Link would be fine too. That said, don't go the whole being able to do so with anyone like some games, but a few links having the option is fine.

For consequences for dating multiple girls, I kind of would like to see reverse/broken links return, but they won't because most people hated that.

Fusion Spells returning could be interesting, but may be better to have it between party members instead of MC only.

User Info: Chaosmark101

Chaosmark101
1 month ago#10
There is so much i disagree with on their lists
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona fans on Resetera tell Atlus how to fix Persona

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived