Which Persona game do you think gets the most hate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Which Persona game do you think gets the most hate?

User Info: Main345

Main345
6 months ago#1
From what I've seen its P5 for sure imo.

User Info: THEB0SS666

THEB0SS666
6 months ago#2
Persona 4 from what I've heard.
Moderators are disgusting creatures.

User Info: P3rocks

P3rocks
6 months ago#3
4 gets both a lot of love and a lot of hate at the same time. So i’d say 4

User Info: Ridleyclone7296

Ridleyclone7296
6 months ago#4
Either 4 as a reaction to how milked it got or 5 as a reaction to its critical aclaim.
STOP CLONING ME!
3DS FC: 2105 - 8728 - 6264

User Info: TidalDream

TidalDream
6 months ago#5
4 golden
So you're going all out. You're betting everything in one strike.
What courage. What a bold decision. I like that, but it is a foolish mistake against me.

User Info: Code_Geass_CC

Code_Geass_CC
6 months ago#6
Persona 4, for two reasons. One because of it's departure from the much more gloomier/darker/nihilistic themes of both Persona 3 (the first Persona game of its kind, and many people's introduction to the series, so nostalgia, which is a good reason to prefer it) which is just up to preferences. The other is because of how milked it got. And not just itself, but it was the start of the Persona series milking in general, with anime adaptations and remakes and spinoffs of all the P3-P5 style games. Both of those are valid reasons to hate/be sick of it, imo.

Most of Persona 5's hate is, outside the typical anti-JRPG crowd, just the typical "I hate it because it's popular" or "I don't want Persona to be mainstream" hipster nonsense that doesn't deserve any time or attention. Those people's opinions are worthless because they're not based on anything with any kind of sound reasoning or substance. Being a sheeple and being a hipster are just as bad. Like something because of its certain qualities, dislike something for its lack of certain qualities. Popularity says little about a product. Bad products go mainstream, good ones go unnoticed all the time.

As for Persona series in-fighting, it's equally pointless. Enjoy your game, let others enjoy theirs, and rejoice in the fact that a beloved series hasn't dipped in quality, or fallen for the plethora of terrible business practices of most other mainstream games that's rotting out the gaming industry (although it does have paid costume DLC, so there's a bit. Probably the conditioning talking here, but I don't have a problem with costume DLC in a game that's easily 80+ hours for a single playthrough, in a series where you have to do NG+ if you want to experience everything, so 120-150+ hours.)
Overwatch Support Main

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 months ago#7
4, in large part because of alleged Scooby-Doo similarities (which are superficial at best; say what you will about the IT, they don't just stumble through events) and Yu/Souji's mythical Gary Stu status (the exact same complaints could be leveled against Minato and Joker).
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
6 months ago#8
4 because of how popular and milked it got. Depending on how long they milk 5, it could eclipse it given it was even more popular.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: Main345

Main345
6 months ago#9
Code_Geass_CC posted...
Persona 4, for two reasons. One because of it's departure from the much more gloomier/darker/nihilistic themes of both Persona 3 (the first Persona game of its kind, and many people's introduction to the series, so nostalgia, which is a good reason to prefer it) which is just up to preferences. The other is because of how milked it got. And not just itself, but it was the start of the Persona series milking in general, with anime adaptations and remakes and spinoffs of all the P3-P5 style games. Both of those are valid reasons to hate/be sick of it, imo.

Most of Persona 5's hate is, outside the typical anti-JRPG crowd, just the typical "I hate it because it's popular" or "I don't want Persona to be mainstream" hipster nonsense that doesn't deserve any time or attention. Those people's opinions are worthless because they're not based on anything with any kind of sound reasoning or substance. Being a sheeple and being a hipster are just as bad. Like something because of its certain qualities, dislike something for its lack of certain qualities. Popularity says little about a product. Bad products go mainstream, good ones go unnoticed all the time.

As for Persona series in-fighting, it's equally pointless. Enjoy your game, let others enjoy theirs, and rejoice in the fact that a beloved series hasn't dipped in quality, or fallen for the plethora of terrible business practices of most other mainstream games that's rotting out the gaming industry (although it does have paid costume DLC, so there's a bit. Probably the conditioning talking here, but I don't have a problem with costume DLC in a game that's easily 80+ hours for a single playthrough, in a series where you have to do NG+ if you want to experience everything, so 120-150+ hours.)

Well said.

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
6 months ago#10
Code_Geass_CC posted...

I def agree with P4, tho I'd add it's not just not being darker for MegaTen as a whole for a whole bonus level of hate. And another level of hate for the fact it was the most popular Persona title in the series.

As well as 1Tekkaman said about gary stu's (tbh I think can be said about most if not all the MCs so I dunno why Yu gets singled out).

Getting fatigue from the milking is understandable, but it's annoying considering that.....it was needed to fund P5 so....and like yeah P3 got milked beside P4 (with P3D it's now to the same extent) so it's like?????? I get titled-wise it had P4's name but it's mind boggling P3 doesn't get more flak for the milking when they were half the game as well.

With P5.....I can't agree but then again I heard the game was getting hate and tbh I never saw it besides my complaints (most of them seemed to be drowned out, esp after the game's launch). And my complaints were slowly built up after playing the game, which grew as I began to figure out why I had such a problem with it (took me six months to accept the fact that I had A LOT of issues with a game I had been waiting a decade for and actually thought I'd genuinely enjoy and maybe another six months to almost fully articulate each and every problem I have with the game). So like I can't speak for maybe the other's, but my issues aren't "wah wah it's popular!" they're actual issues. I know people (even in Japan) had legit issues right when the game came out but just drowned out. But yeah, P4 was also super popular but you forgot to mention it, but I guess because it's P4 it's ok and because it's P5 it's not. And if milking is being counted then popularity should be counted too, both involve seeing a game a heck of a lot (even if you don't want to) as well as lead to milking, which can increase someone's dislike, so yeah it's valid to. (if it was valid for P4 then it's valid for P5)

But yeah it's probs going to increase with the milking. P3/4's might increase again if they get remakes tho tbh. And if Atlus decides to milk P3/4 more alongside P5.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Which Persona game do you think gets the most hate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived