• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. SJW's are now after Persona.

User Info: Lazy_Narumi

Lazy_Narumi
8 months ago#71
faireya posted...
There were upset comments now and then, but they weren't concentrated anywhere, so it probably didn't make a blip.

Show me all of them since Persona 3. I haven't seen anyone complaining about P3P heroine wearing the bikini armor or a damn bikini. In fact people joked about her wearing skimpy clothing in YT videos. And nobody complained about P4G still having the outfits either on siliconera. Gamefaqs don't count. It's been going on since 2007 and people complain about it now?

What gets me is that people are complaining about this but having sex with a 12 year old and a robot is alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4tDEyfZt-U

User Info: andhros

andhros
8 months ago#72
The costumes mostly seemed lazy to me. Didn't they just reskin the swimsuits for the 3rd-4th time. Would've preferred going overboard on the P5 costumes like how ridiculous the costumes are in P3 and P4.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
8 months ago#73
shadowsun7 posted...
meteora88 posted...
When people get banned or modded over voicing a different opinion, that’s kinda extreme.

Getting modded isn't that extreme -- I've gotten modded for getting into a flame war, and the worst I did was call the other guy an "idiot" a few times during the discussion.

And it's definitely not a "lynching" which is what was being implied in a previous post.

I get your concern, but realistically speaking Atlus can handle a little criticism, especially when most of it is about how a lot of people don't like the designs of the costumes because they aren't that great, and not because they are too "sexy".

Anyway, most people don't have a problem with Futaba, Makoto or Ann being sexy -- the main complaint seems to be that it directly contradicts certain aspects of their respective characters or story arcs. Regarding the age factor, it's the same debate you might see with Tae or Kawakami dating (or "massaging") a high school student, and there's nothing wrong with discussing it like adults since these are real world issues that inspire real world debate. I remember when the controversy was over the P3 characters shooting themselves in the head to summon their Persona -- this is nothing new and the controversy probably only helps them sell more games, to be honest.

Like you said, Western values aren't going to take over Japanese games any time soon -- there's enough room in the market for Dead or Alive, Mario Kart, and everything in between.

Perhaps lynching was too strong a word, but it’s kinda dumb when people go at you for having a different opinion.

You make a fair point about the contradiction thing.

Tbh I think the skimpy armour has always been hideous in design and aesthetics. Not just now, but even in the past Persona games.

Well I’ll just hang back and see how the game performs once it’s out.

It looks like a fun game. It’d be a shame if people boycott it just for a mere costume.
"Don't be asinine." - Ravus Nox Fleuret when asked a stupid question.

User Info: faireya

faireya
8 months ago#74
Lazy_Narumi posted...
faireya posted...
There were upset comments now and then, but they weren't concentrated anywhere, so it probably didn't make a blip.

Show me all of them since Persona 3. I haven't seen anyone complaining about P3P heroine wearing the bikini armor or a damn bikini. In fact people joked about her wearing skimpy clothing in YT videos. And nobody complained about P4G still having the outfits either on siliconera. Gamefaqs don't count. It's been going on since 2007 and people complain about it now?

What gets me is that people are complaining about this but having sex with a 12 year old and a robot is alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4tDEyfZt-U

I have no interest in digging up comments from a decade ago. (Especially if certain sites don't count.) You'll get different reactions depending on where you go, and some will be mixed. If ten years from now, somebody says that "everyone was outraged over P5's battle panties," it'll be inaccurate, although there has been some.

Not sure about Aigis (the worst comments I've seen are disbelief that they went there), but there has been frowning at Ken.
#BestBoyAkechi

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
8 months ago#75
@Peachi posted...
@GameFaqsUser10 posted...
These are teenage girls, and they're practically naked (except for Haru, and her costume is the best one). If they were adults I'd have no problem with it. You'd think they wouldn't do this after Kamoshida's palace and all but nah. But since it's an optional thing for the sake of fanservice to fans who like to lust over fictional teenagers.

^

@AliceRed130
Counterpoint:

These aren’t real people.

It’s 100% harmless to do this sort of s*** with fictional women who are at the age of consent in Japan.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Lazy_Narumi

Lazy_Narumi
8 months ago#76
Nobody complained about romancing Ken to the point of boycotting a game. Nobody complained about romancing Aigis, a robot. And nobody complained about P3P having the same outfits. The point is, back then it wasn't as overblown as it is now. This is some new age social media going on with things getting blown out of proportion because of FB, instagram, reddit, etc. like the Devilman thing or that one woman complaining about Rise on P4D. Boycotting a whole game over one group of outfits is silly and it makes you look like a fool unless you also boycotted Persona 3, P3P, 4, 4D and Q.

Nobody is asking anyone to use these outfits. You can ignore them just like how people did in said formention games.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
8 months ago#77
Lazy_Narumi posted...
Nobody complained about romancing Ken to the point of boycotting a game. Nobody complained about romancing Aigis, a robot. And nobody complained about P3P having the same outfits. The point is, back then it wasn't as overblown as it is now. This is some new age social media going on with things getting blown out of proportion because of FB, instagram, reddit, etc. like the Devilman thing or that one woman complaining about Rise on P4D. Boycotting a whole game over one group of outfits is silly and it makes you look like a fool unless you also boycotted Persona 3, P3P, 4, 4D and Q.

This pretty much.
"Don't be asinine." - Ravus Nox Fleuret when asked a stupid question.

User Info: GameFaqsUser10

GameFaqsUser10
8 months ago#78
Lazy_Narumi posted...

Nobody is asking anyone to use these outfits. You can ignore them just like how people did in said formention games.

The series wasn't as popular back then, a lot of people only got into the series in the last couple years, and it wouldn't make sense to boycott a game years after the release.

It's not because these were in previous games that they should keep doing it.
[Insert [something] here]
(message deleted)

User Info: deadrising427

deadrising427
8 months ago#80
My main problem is... I just don't want to play Persona rhythm games.
Today is a good day to wear pants.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. SJW's are now after Persona.
  • Topic Archived