Why do male players want a female protagonist when it's not even their gender?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why do male players want a female protagonist when it's not even their gender?

User Info: shadowsun7

shadowsun7
3 months ago#131
Honestly, I just like looking at attractive women.

I'd be fine with every character in the game being female -- I'd rather look at Ann, Shiho, Makoto, Futaba, Hifumi, Sae (etc) than look at the (male) MC.

Even "Mona" should have been female in my opinion...

https://imgur.com/Cw9wX83.jpg

...and a female Ryuji might just be tolerable, if only for comedic value.

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
3 months ago#132
faireya posted...
LagoonTheCursed posted...
Teddybearsolid posted...
Never in my life have I raped, or considered raping anyone.

if you're male that's a pretty blatant lie

every male does this whether they like to admit it or not

The male ego does not allow "rape" to exist. It's just sex the trick has yet to appreciate.

Stupid ads.

Teddybearsolid posted...

Stupid ass. I should've guessed before, but now I'm certain, you're a f***ing troll. Go find something better to do. Both of you.

@faireya

@LagoonTheCursed

You dicks can't be taken seriously. I thought i had seen the stupidest f***s the internet gad to offer, but you losers have definitely lowered the bar. Nobody with an IQ over 15 believes that crap.

Human garbage.
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I tried to warn you, foul villain. The hand cannot be denied." --Owain

User Info: setablazebyyou

setablazebyyou
3 months ago#133
Exa_Man posted...
If you're trans-gender, you're free to role play and relate to either gender.......am I right??!

i mean that's fair but males dont have room to talk when all they want the femc for is their perverted fantasies

So what? What's wrong with it? Let's see your lengthy diatribe that expounds upon why it is bad.

User Info: setablazebyyou

setablazebyyou
3 months ago#134
faireya posted...
Teddybearsolid posted...

The male ego does not allow "rape" to exist. It's just sex the trick has yet to appreciate.

Lol

User Info: UnrealityMod

UnrealityMod
3 months ago#135
Probably because in the PSP version of P3, having a female protagonist changed things around in terms of social links (or Confidants, same difference, really).

Thing is, I just don't see the plot working with a female protagonist. The plot kicks off due to a politician getting a guy in trouble for "throwing him against the ground." Not to mention, a lot of the early game is structured around starting out with Ryuji, going out to eat with him, etc.. It's not like in Persona 3 where the plot is so generic, almost all of the characters fitting some anime cliche, and so little structure in comparison to Persona 5 that the character's gender could be changed without making some situations awkward.

In other words, it'd be a lot of work for something that, believe me, would be cool, but the only thing the female president could do different from the original protagonist in Persona 3 is render a very spoilerish scene moot with a maxed social link. I could see potential for it to undo a certain scene near the end of the game, but that's about it right now.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why do male players want a female protagonist when it's not even their gender?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived