Which Persona has the worst Dub???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Which Persona has the worst Dub???

User Info: Penitent

Penitent
4 months ago#1
Well!?!?!? - Results (103 votes)
Persona 1!!!
51.46% (53 votes)
Persona 2!!!
8.74% (9 votes)
Persona 3!!!
22.33% (23 votes)
Persona 4!!!!
1.94% (2 votes)
Persona 5!!!!
15.53% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
A woman who shouldn't exist

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#2
Of those I'm at all familiar with, 5. The mispronunciations --ordered by Atlus itself for some inexplicable reason-- are downright painful at times.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
3 months ago#3
Even discounting the translation issues and just focusing on the voice acting, #1 wins-- at least the original release, I don't know about the remake.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 months ago#4
Chimeramanexe posted...
Even discounting the translation issues and just focusing on the voice acting, #1 wins-- at least the original release, I don't know about the remake.

Revelations: Persona was a massive bastardization. What I don't get is why 3 has so many votes.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
3 months ago#5
Voted for P1, but I could really give it to either of the original PS1 releases. Voice acting was just not good back then.

Outside of mispronunciations of certain names, P5 has by far the best dub in the series. Even most of the side characters give good performances in it, its dub is really incredible.

Edit: Okay, I should be fair- There was the OCCASIONAL game with good voice acting in the PS1 era. Metal Gear Solid comes to mind (although not every character gives a great performance, it was generally good). MGS was the exception, not the rule, though- And the PS1 Persona games followed the rule.

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 months ago#6
Persona 3 doesn't have the best translation, but it's dub is fine.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: Ridleyclone7296

Ridleyclone7296
3 months ago#7
1Tekkaman posted...
What I don't get is why 3 has so many votes.

I'm guessing the ones that voted for it haven't player P1-2. While the three remaining all have great dubs in general, P3 has Fuuka and Ken.
STOP CLONING ME!
3DS FC: 2105 - 8728 - 6264

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
3 months ago#8
Revelations Persona/Persona 1
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
3 months ago#9
1Tekkaman posted...
Of those I'm at all familiar with, 5. The mispronunciations --ordered by Atlus itself for some inexplicable reason-- are downright painful at times.

Is it not to mirror how it would be pronounced in American English?

That is one of my annoyances about dubs, in that if you're saying a foreign word, why not say it how it's supposed to be said, not how it is said in your language?

Only familiar with Persona, 3 and 4 myself, as only played Persona 5 with Japanese audio; still need to finish Persona, so I can start the Persona 2 Duology!

If this poll broke everything down into its individual iterations (except where there's no change), I would have said Persona 4 Golden, and you know why? I prefer Chie in the original game; yeah, you heard me :D!

Ridleyclone7296 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
What I don't get is why 3 has so many votes.

I'm guessing the ones that voted for it haven't player P1-2. While the three remaining all have great dubs in general, P3 has Fuuka and Ken.

Burn! I thought someone might say that; I have no problem with Fuuka in P3!

I thought Aegis was a bit iffy in P3, personally!
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)

User Info: bigsteg84

bigsteg84
3 months ago#10
Based on what I've seen on YouTube, I'd say P1. But I'm honestly surprised that P4 isn't winning due to the seemingly popular opinion that it's an abomination compared to the other games.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Which Persona has the worst Dub???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived