I really hope i am wrong about this..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I really hope i am wrong about this..

User Info: Clumsyninja

Clumsyninja
3 months ago#1
Ok, i got this a few days ago, and am at the end of the first palace, and i have never played this series before, so it was all new to me.. I got up to the point where i had 3 days left when starting the palace, i used up 2 to regain SP, and HP... So now that i get to the end of it, i am told i HAVE to go back to the real world to place some "Calling Card" before finishing, which then makes me have to use up my last day, ending the game.. If this is all true, and i have to start over, i am going to Gamestop and returning this game. I don't have time to waste on games like this.. Just ridiculous if this is true, and no way to get past this.

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 months ago#2
If you fail to send the calling card in time the game sends you back one in game week. You don't have to start the game over.

The game literally does everything it can to get you to do the palace fast. Your party members tell you to do it every day, morgana tells you not to wait, the calendar tells you when you have to reach the treasure by etc. You can't even do party confidants when it's close.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

Clumsyninja
3 months ago#3
Yeah an entire week, and have to redo the whole Palace? Nah, i am good, going to return. Thanks for replying.

Heartfang
3 months ago#4
Clumsyninja posted...
Yeah an entire week, and have to redo the whole Palace? Nah, i am good, going to return. Thanks for replying.

I mean have fun with something easier
(message deleted)

Clumsyninja
3 months ago#6
Heartfang posted...
Clumsyninja posted...

It's not that the game was hard, just poorly made imo. Like how was i supposed to know that i had to go back to the real world before ending the palace. If i would of known that i would've gone to the Palace a day earlier.

User Info: jeremy58589721

jeremy58589721
3 months ago#7
The ol bamboozle.

The ol teach you a lesson the hard way.

The ol it's better to do it today than put it off til tomorrow.
One day Suikoden 6 will happen and the world will be a better place for all.

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
3 months ago#8
Clumsyninja posted...
Heartfang posted...
Clumsyninja posted...

It's not that the game was hard, just poorly made imo. Like how was i supposed to know that i had to go back to the real world before ending the palace. If i would of known that i would've gone to the Palace a day earlier.

Because the game tries to tell you repeatedly to get to the Palace asap. It just didn't hold your hand.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123
3 months ago#9
Clumsyninja posted...
Heartfang posted...
Clumsyninja posted...

2 Questions:

1. Why did you procrastinate?
2 Do you have a save closer than a week? If not, why not?

Heartfang
3 months ago#10
Clumsyninja posted...
Heartfang posted...
Clumsyninja posted...

The game screaming at you to do the palace? Like I have no sympathy for people that miss the deadline when you literally have to ignore everything the game tells you to do so.

The game tells you to do the dungeon before the last minute because something could come up. The game puts the treasure room deadline in the calendar, tells you to use the calendar and then puts the calendar on the main party menu screen where you can't ignore it exists.

It's not poor design if you ignore all of that and just dick around doing god knows what (because the game doesn't let you do much) until right before the deadline and fail. And even if you fail it just punishes you for not listening by losing time.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I really hope i am wrong about this..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived