how is the silent protagonist the leader?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. how is the silent protagonist the leader?

User Info: tkh1234567890

tkh1234567890
1 month ago#1
well there is a saying somewhere that when their leader end his life the PT will not function without him. but given he is a silent protagonist and during the final palace he only provides the keywords like few days after the group are trying to guess it, I feel that he is more of a supporting style member and not someone as big as a leader. so even without him how would the PT not function anymore? he barely talks anyway.
The arcana is the mean by which all is revealed

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 month ago#2
They don't enter a single palace without you saying so.

There's no story reason in this game for the main character dying being game over. It's purely a difficulty and gameplay related design decision.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
1 month ago#3
The team likely could function without him. Until certain parts, where without him they'd lose, regardless. How well they'd function is another matter entirely, the antagonist outright state the team is nothing without Joker.

The game consists of 2 players and their wild cards -- in Joker's case, Morgana -- without Joker there is no game. Igor loses.
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
1 month ago#4
Heartfang posted...

There's no story reason in this game for the main character dying being game over. It's purely a difficulty and gameplay related design decision.

There actually is a story reason for part of it, given that he is explaining these events in one of the later months. He obviously couldn't be doing that if he was dead.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
1 month ago#5
Joker is the one that gives orders to all of his teammates. Every attack you pick is Joker telling that party member to do that move- That's why you have to select "Direct Commands" to control them directly.

User Info: Other_Self

Other_Self
1 month ago#6
But I always set my waifu to the Choose Freely option or whatever so she can think for herself.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
1 month ago#7
Jokers also not “silent” he talks, just not a lot, even when you aren’t picking prompts there’s scenes where he explains something without voicing it in game and the characters are relayed new info

He’s more of a hands off leader, he kinda lets the team decide things amongst themselves but they ultimately end up leaving a final say up 2 him
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
1 month ago#8
Unless you don't consider yourself a leader but a follow. The MC is meant to be the player's avatar. He has more a defined personality compared to some other silent protagonist but you the player get the ball rolling by giving the choices.

Even then he is the only one besides Morgana that felt more like the leaders to me.
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"

User Info: SteelWingKnight

SteelWingKnight
1 month ago#9
He's not silent. There are plenty of times you make dialogue choices to say something.

It's just a necessity of a video game with a player avatar main character that you can make dialogue choices for, that's all.

Pretty much any game with an avatar character where you make dialogue choices, your character will end up saying much less than your allies and other characters do.
#1 Flora Fan: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209
FEH Team: Wendy Hector BK Santa!Tharja /// FGO: Tamamo/Tamamo Cat/Medusa/Okita/Scathach/Gil

User Info: MallyPureSmooth

MallyPureSmooth
1 month ago#10
ShippFFXI posted...
Heartfang posted...

There actually is a story reason for part of it, given that he is explaining these events in one of the later months. He obviously couldn't be doing that if he was dead.

If story was the reason and they're ignoring revival items, then it would be game over whenever anyone died, if Atlus cares about consistency.
"What is belonging, brother, when we all belong to the same cosmos?" - Wei Shen
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. how is the silent protagonist the leader?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived