I hope persona 6 goes back to playing like persona 2 (not having just dungeons)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I hope persona 6 goes back to playing like persona 2 (not having just dungeons)

User Info: ryudo500

ryudo500
4 months ago#1
KEEP IT A TURN BASED JRPG

im not saying go back to the menu/control wise, but im talking about PLOT pacing and the way you navigate through the story. I loved being in a modern tokyo traversing the city.

I can do away with the long dungeons. like tartarus, cartoon world or even the palaces. get me to the way most ps1 or even ps2 jrpgs paced and played out. no more other dimension please.
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS

ryudo500
4 months ago#2
bump
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS

User Info: CelestiaLily

CelestiaLily
4 months ago#3
personally i'd love to bring back p2's male romance option, but disregarding that I think p3-5's long dungeons are here to stay. however, if a hybrid approach were possible then it might be interesting getting combat encounters within the regular tokyo setting, a bit like the bone bridges before Yaldabaoth's fight but with more integration into the city's structure.
Hey, you with the pretty face: Welcome to the human race!~

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
4 months ago#4
CelestiaLily posted...
......however, if a hybrid approach were possible then it might be interesting getting combat encounters within the regular tokyo setting, a bit like the bone bridges before Yaldabaoth's fight but with more integration into the city's structure.

I definitely agree with this. I can't wait to see what new demons, gameplay mechanics and settings styles they introduce in SMT V. And if they're awesome, I hope they somehow also get incorporated in P6. >:)
All hail Lord Zoidberg!!!
(\/)(;,,,;)(\/)

User Info: matteste

matteste
4 months ago#5
One thing I really didn't like with the modern Persona games was how they started to use that whole otherworld thing as a crutch for everything just so that things wouldn't be affected outside of them or have real consequences.
The worst readers are those who proceed like plundering soldiers: they pick up a few things they can use, soil and confuse the rest, and blaspheme the whole.

ryudo500
4 months ago#6
matteste posted...
One thing I really didn't like with the modern Persona games was how they started to use that whole otherworld thing as a crutch for everything just so that things wouldn't be affected outside of them or have real consequences.

I think its fine, but still, woudl rather have p2 type of settting for p6

obv i am in the vast minority, in fact, i question wether 85% of this board has either played any of the persona 2s
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS

User Info: henno

henno
4 months ago#7
ryudo500 posted...
I think its fine, but still, woudl rather have p2 type of settting for p6

Dito. I do like P5 but like P4 the story crawls because of the day-system.

User Info: Fulvip

Fulvip
4 months ago#8
Dungeons are nice and all, but having them tied to when you get party members is a disadvantage.
That way you get the full party too late and some don't get enough development.
"I tried prayer... and my .44. But the devil is wearing kevlar and bible thumping only pisses them off."

User Info: Other_Self

Other_Self
4 months ago#9
Yeah maybe this time they can add Stalin.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
4 months ago#10
No thanks. I like the way modern Persona games are structured, and Persona 2 was miserable to play. Easily my least favorite game in the series (Innocent Sin was, anyway; I have no desire to play EP).
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I hope persona 6 goes back to playing like persona 2 (not having just dungeons)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived