Steel's Persona Diaries - A First Time Persona Player's Playlog Part 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Steel's Persona Diaries - A First Time Persona Player's Playlog Part 2

User Info: SteelWingKnight

SteelWingKnight
8 months ago#221
12/12

Haven't been playing much cause I can't use the TV (being so close to completing the game and not being to is a tad frustrating) + been watching the Olympics.

Makoto Rank 10
Eiko came to her senses, quit her job as a hostess, and dumped the scummy Tsukasa. Of course it had a positive resolution.

Makoto meanwhile finally figured out what she wanted to do... become a police comissioner. That's so perfect for her. Following in her father's and sister's footsteps, a job where she can do good and bring criminals and those who hurt others to justice. Totally fitting for her strong, determined personality.

She's also re-focusing on her studies for the right reasons: for herself, to fulfill her own dreams and wishes - not just to please others or to show off.
Wish I was able to do that... I put far too much effort into school just to satisfy my parents expectations. I didn't care for it, a lot of the time I hated it, I certainly wasn't doing it for myself - though I was satisfied enough with getting A's and 100%'s in school. But I ended up wasting far too much of my life studying things that I didn't care for just to satisfy the expectations of others...

So a lot of Makoto's confidant was about finding what she wanted to do in life and learning about herself and others... Some people complain about it being centered too much about Eiko's situation, but it does show a few things, socially inexperienced Makoto trying to come out of her shell and learn more about her peers and having a normal social life and relationships and ends up helping her new friend and showing what a caring, reliable friend she is in the process, as well as all that helping her confirm what she wants to do in life.

I was pretty meh about her confidant earlier but I ended up liking it.

Persona Awakened - Anat
Johanna looked super cool, so I was worried about her awakened persona being something much less cool - but no, Johanna the motorbike turns into a Transformer! That was a nice surprise. The red face kinda seems out of place, if it had a mecha helmet it would be hella cool.

Anat? Who?

Mishima Rank 10
He thought that we changed his heart? Interesting... That's pretty neat actually, Mishima thinking the Thieves stole his heart when really he changed and realized his error on his own.
I was really thinking we'd have to fight his shadow earlier on.

So he's writing a book about the Thieves... that's pretty neat.

Yeah, the game makes Mishima look like a boring dork most of the time, but in the end he did manage to change and improve himself, and find the courage within to stand up for others.

A lot of people (myself included) say he's boring. He kinda is. But that's okay. There's a lot of people who are kinda shy and awkward and dorky and get picked on like that. So Mishima is a story of overcoming that, and developing the confidence and courage to do make a difference.

Not everyone can change the world, but they can start by changing themselves, and stand up and fight for and help those around them.

Futaba Rank 6
Futaba was picked on and bullied in school... :'(
She made a friend, sort of accidentally lost her friend when she found her parents were abusing her, and then lied to her mom about still being friends.... Sad.

Are we going to have change her friends' parents' hearts later on?

Fishing
Wait, this is an actual minigame? After visiting the pond with Ryuji (and finding Ms. Kawakami there, lol) and seeing how lame the video game and work "minigames" were, I just thought it would be a case of "press x to do task". No, it's an actual minigame!

And boy, am I bad at it.
It sure takes a lot of patience, thats for sure. I keep thinking a fish that is close will bite, and nope, it turns away...
I did end up catching 4 fish, 3 of them with a winning tag.

It did get me +1 Proficiency - Proficiency Rank 5!

Nice, got all stats to Rank 5 except for Guts... Funny enough that Guts is the last stat I'll max, if I even get to it...
#1 Flora Fan: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209
FEH Team: Wendy Hector BK Linde /// #TeamHector

SteelWingKnight
8 months ago#222
Tonight I'll probably go through and finish Mementos + do the last few days until the deadline hits.

Question: Is 12/18 the hard cutoff for any confidants?
Only 6 days left...
I feel like I'll just barely miss out on getting both Chihaya and Ohya to 10, I'll probably only be able to get one to 10 and the other to 9 since they both are only available at night and they're competing with each other for time.
Not sure if I can get Futaba to 10 either... She's just not there a lot of days when I want to see her.

Ridleyclone7296 posted...

I wouldn't recommend it....

So it's too high a level enemy and is meant for a New Game+?

How do I even access the fight?

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
8 months ago#223
Good insights on Makoto, Mishima, and all the rest.
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
8 months ago#224
SteelWingKnight posted...
Not sure if I can get smol to 10 either...

Now you don't have an excuse to not do a NG+ file
Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch

User Info: Darklit_Minuet

Darklit_Minuet
8 months ago#225
Waifutaba best girl, I do not comprehend why you haven't been spending more time with her

User Info: PhantasticPhool

PhantasticPhool
8 months ago#226
So a lot of Makoto's confidant was about finding what she wanted to do in life and learning about herself and others... Some people complain about it being centered too much about Eiko's situation, but it does show a few things, socially inexperienced Makoto trying to come out of her shell and learn more about her peers and having a normal social life and relationships and ends up helping her new friend and showing what a caring, reliable friend she is in the process, as well as all that helping her confirm what she wants to do in life.
If only more people understood this (not to say you have to like it).
I know the topic is subjective. Your opinion/argument can still be incorrect though! I'm not excluded, so you better prove me wrong if you think it's not!

SteelWingKnight
8 months ago#227
12/13 ~120 hours played
Level 62

Finishing off Mementos... 6 requests including Ohya and Chihaya's bosses.

Going through areas 4 and 5 to take out targets, was nice and easy with all the enemies running away.

I just realized... the guy who cheats at video games is a cheetah... Lol.

Ohya's boss covered things up because that's what he was told to do by higher ups, and didn't have the courage to stand up and rock the boat, himself once a journalist with a passion for the truth now lost...

Chihaya's boss, scamming people, himself in a situation much like Chihaya coming alone to Tokyo got scammed and exploited, and so the bullied became the bully...

The cheater... he's just frustrated he lost his job for no fault of his own.

The guy who borrows money from banks and runs with it, well he thinks it's okay since the banks are pretty much stealing from people anyway.

Definitely seeing a theme here. A lot of the shadows you fight, they are people who are doing bad things and exploiting others, but they seem to have sad stories as to why they stooped to that... Doesn't justify them, they are still doing things that are wrong, and doing ill just because ill was done to you is not acceptable, but goes to show, behind a lot of despicable people doing despicable acts there can be a sad story...

Area 7...
A black theme. With red blood, and some green and yellow substances too... disgusting.

Lots of King Frosts here, I just run from those, not worth the effort and risk to take out.

Finally, the boss of area 7... the manager who forces his "talent" to sleep with him.

Eww... the grossest enemy yet?
A giant phallic looking green tentacle monster on a chariot like machine with spikes? Yuck!
And it gets worse... when it buffs itself, it appears to get erect,and when you knock it down, it goes limp.
Definitely intentional, and fitting for who it's supposed to represent. Gross.

Pretty easy fight though, just hitting it with nuclear attacks to down it then hitting it with an all out attack.

Lots of nice loot, some good armor and skill cards (Invigorate 3, Null Physical... Thermopylae? FOR SPARTA!!!! I wonder what that does, buff atk and def?)

Also lots of money, made about 300,000 during this trip.

Finally got the Orlov Persona, using the newly learned gun skill to knock it down right away since it has no weakness.
Used it to fuse a nice Lilith with 3 -dyne skills and 3 ma-ola skills for knocking down lots of enemies... pretty much like my favorite Nekomata except with stronger skills that will actually do more damage.

Though I'm getting close to the end, so not like it'll make much of a difference anymore... will it?

Mementos Complete!

Wait, this isn't the end? One more area?

But I thought Shido's deadline was the deadline to Mementos?

Or let me guess: The game's true final boss will be in the last layer of Mementos, to be fought after the deadline passes?

Question: Is the 18th the absolute hard deadline for any confidants?

User Info: Jnry3

Jnry3
8 months ago#228
Mementos Complete!

Or let me guess: The game's true final boss will be in the last layer of Mementos, to be fought after the deadline passes?

Just keep going. You're almost done.

18th? IIRC, you have just 1 moves left for confidants after that.

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
8 months ago#229
Eww... the grossest enemy yet?
A giant phallic looking green tentacle monster on a chariot like machine with spikes? Yuck!
And it gets worse... when it buffs itself, it appears to get erect,and when you knock it down, it goes limp.
Definitely intentional, and fitting for who it's supposed to represent. Gross.

Oh, you've finally met Mara
Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch

SteelWingKnight
8 months ago#230
Jnry3 posted...
Mementos Complete!

Just keep going. You're almost done.

18th? IIRC, you have just 1 moves left for confidants after that.

Move? Is that supposed to be 1 month, or 1 action?
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Steel's Persona Diaries - A First Time Persona Player's Playlog Part 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived