Unpopular Opinions for Persona 5: Write 'em down here!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Unpopular Opinions for Persona 5: Write 'em down here!

User Info: GG_Sunny

GG_Sunny
4 months ago#11
I absolutely hate the mechanic where the game is over if Joker dies and the way the save system works. It honestly aggravates me that people took the piss out of FF13 because it had this mechanic but then whenever I see people complain about it here, all anyone says is s*** like "get better at the game" or even "it makes the game balanced." There's nothing good about it, and the issue is exacerbated by the save point system which is extremely archaic for a game in 2017. People don't have infinite free time to play games, or things come up, so why force a person to play in a palace until they find the next save point?

I really don't like Futaba. Her design is actually really good, I think she's really cute. Her personality is a different story. She's useless in battle (I can count on one hand the number of times she's helped me with buffs or healing), and her comments after you perform an action like hitting a weakness or missing an attack are extremely annoying, though that one isn't exclusive to her since no one in the party ever shuts up and has to make a comment after anything you do.
Gen 1 sucks: http://i.imgur.com/q2x503g.png
"Enter memorable quote here"
(message deleted)

User Info: IHateSonic

IHateSonic
4 months ago#13
GG_Sunny posted...
I absolutely hate the mechanic where the game is over if Joker dies and the way the save system works. It honestly aggravates me that people took the piss out of FF13 because it had this mechanic but then whenever I see people complain about it here, all anyone says is s*** like "get better at the game" or even "it makes the game balanced." There's nothing good about it, and the issue is exacerbated by the save point system which is extremely archaic for a game in 2017. People don't have infinite free time to play games, or things come up, so why force a person to play in a palace until they find the next save point?

Not relevant to Persona 5, but here's an unpopular opinion: I liked FFXIII.

Paradai posted...
Persona 5 should receive a Switch Port
Persona 5 is better than Persona 3
The best of Persona 5 were its characters

So you're being sarcastic.
Those aren't even unpopular, those are probably among the most popular opinions.

User Info: Cobra_7777_

Cobra_7777_
4 months ago#14
I don't have unpopular opinions. My opinions are facts.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
4 months ago#15
Last Surprise is the worst battle theme across 3/4/5, and Reach Out to the Truth was hungry for that spot. It makes me wish for a Disable/Select Battle Music option. It was a fun theme for about fifteen minutes. Now, it's yet another race against the JRPG mechanics to see how much of the song I don't have to hear.

Shiki-Ouji was a mistake. It has no right to be available as early as it is.

I'm surprisingly okay with not going out at night on Palace days. Mementos days or Saturdays, and especially when the day action was some plot chatter? Get out with that s***. There'll be time for sleep when I'm dead. Writing this up on break after 3 hours of sleep nearly 24 hours ago. Joker's a decaf-swilling b****.

Liking Final Fantasy 13 only gets problematic when you praise 13 by bashing and strawmanning the rest of the series if not JRPGs as a while as backwards and generic when previous FFs innovated most of what 13 does.
I'm sure someone who loves hearing themselves talk will be in to help you out shortly -VanilleHopen

User Info: TalesOfXAndY

TalesOfXAndY
4 months ago#16
Futaba and Haru are both ugly and boring characters.
Playing:Tales Of Berseria/DDLC
Official Hydreigon of every board.

User Info: MasterIntel

MasterIntel
4 months ago#17
TalesOfXAndY posted...

I wonder what your standard of an attractive person is and how you personally compare to such standards...

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is unpopular but I would say Persona 3 is easily the best out of 3/4/5 because it had a much better balance with social links and dungeon gameplay. And that most character development was tied to the story's critical moments as supposed to social links.

User Info: IHateSonic

IHateSonic
4 months ago#18
TalesOfXAndY posted...

Haru being boring isn't unpopular, that's one of the most popular opinions, in fact.

User Info: PhantasticPhool

PhantasticPhool
4 months ago#19
I don't think the palaces referred to as long are necessarily bad. I wouldn't really describe any of the palaces as short.
I know the topic is subjective. Your opinion/argument can still be incorrect though! I'm not excluded, so you better prove me wrong if you think it's not!

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 months ago#20
The music in palace 5 is actually pretty good and one of the better palace songs

Tae is not particularly attractive
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Unpopular Opinions for Persona 5: Write 'em down here!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived