• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why do people hate Ryuji's insta kill ability?

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
4 years ago#1
I just don't get the hate for it. You're aren't going to be missing out on that much experience since you are going to be 5 levels higher than the enemy, the money you would get from battle isn't enough compare from the money you get from holding up from higher level enemies, and for materials you get from battle you could just as easily get from just driving around mementos.

So can anyone explain why they hate it?
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: BlueSnow

BlueSnow
4 years ago#2
It robs you of your choices and negates star money ability.

Now there will be a bunch of douchebags saying stuff like :

Attack from front
Trash mobs
Trash, low, lousy exp/money

etc etc.
2012 isn't back in the day

User Info: Mayger

Mayger
4 years ago#3
It also renders one on Hifumi's ability useless too, iirc.

User Info: BlueSnow

BlueSnow
4 years ago#4
Mayger posted...
It also renders one on Hifumi's ability useless too, iirc.

Yeah, that's what i meant with "Star money ability".
2012 isn't back in the day

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
4 years ago#5
It renders some other abilities useless, not that getting a gun all out attack or double money is very useful when things are ten levels lower than you.

If you don't need money or items, it's an amazing ability. Especially on new game+ where you don't need items or money and are just wanting to rush through a dungeon.
The internet was a mistake

User Info: JE19426

JE19426
4 years ago#6
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
and for materials you get from battle you could just as easily get from just driving around mementos.

Which means I have to waste a day gathering materials.

User Info: JulieSu

JulieSu
4 years ago#7
Once you hit about level 88 all ambushes instant kill regardless of the enemy. It kind of makes grinding in the last area a pain, but it's doable.

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
4 years ago#8
Reminder that if you have a lower level Persona equipped, the instant kill won't trigger for the enemy. Just switch to a lower one and ambush as normal.
Certified Gilgamesh simp.

User Info: JurassicBond

JurassicBond
4 years ago#9
JulieSu posted...
Once you hit about level 88 all ambushes instant kill regardless of the enemy. It kind of makes grinding in the last area a pain, but it's doable.

If you want to be that overpowered, you probably should have just grinded Death during Flu Season instead of waiting to the end.
Reading: A Night Without Stars - Peter F. Hamilton
https://imgur.com/AUbFA https://imgur.com/nYklT

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
4 years ago#10
JE19426 posted...
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
and for materials you get from battle you could just as easily get from just driving around mementos.

Which means I have to waste a day gathering materials.

And you don't have to waste time fighting enemies?

Reminder that if you have a lower level Persona equipped, the instant kill won't trigger for the enemy. Just switch to a lower one and ambush as normal.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it stated multiple times it's based on your level.
The internet was a mistake
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why do people hate Ryuji's insta kill ability?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A