• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Hi all, is the game more evil than GTA series?

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
1 year ago#31
NextGenCowboy posted...
Wynvkius posted...
Orange Clockwork posted...
These aren't Demons from Christian lore.

Some of them are though.

Again, yes, and no.

In Persona you're not usually facing actual demons. Nor do you wield them. You're facing off against shadows, and manifestations of human emotions. Which are different, and usually pulled from the collective unconscious.

It's splitting hairs, but it can make a difference between someone playing mainline, and Persona.

Also, another minor point. Again, it's primarily Abrahamic. I know Christian is the concept most of us are familiar with. But most of these entities' forms reflect their history in regards to Abrahamic faith, not just Christian.

Yeah I went to a Christian school for like 12 years and I know it Abrahamic. I also know that a lot of this also applies to Islam as another abrahamic religion. A lot of the demons in this game are mentioned by name in both the old and New Testament of the Bible. OP wants to know if this game contains demons from Christian mythology and the answer is yes no matter how much you want to get into semantics.
3DS FC: 3909-8685-3600

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
1 year ago#32
They never mentioned Christianity at all. Everyone else did.
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

User Info: apollo0

apollo0
1 year ago#33
IIRC, the actual name of religions (like Christianity, Muslim, Judaism, Buddhism, etc) are not actually said. Deities and such are though
PSN: Im_The_Capt_Now

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 year ago#34
I didn't sit through stupid old men debating video games to create the ESRB for someone to have to ask if a game rated MA is suitable for a child.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 year ago#35
one of those games being night trap of all things...
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill? - Angel
Official Spiderman of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Boards - Maximum Spider...

User Info: Orange Clockwork

Orange Clockwork
1 year ago#36
rhony2 posted...
Orange Clockwork posted...
These aren't Demons from Christian lore.

Well given that many Christian devil name were taken from the gods of other religions, you could say both yes and no to this. Plus many of the Persona names are taken from the Christian Angelic Choirs from medieval times with the exception of Cherubim and Seraphim. However the names Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel etc are the names of high ranking Christian Arch-Angels who have been identified as being in either the Seraphim or Cherubim ranks.

Sure, they took some names and likeness but they're hardly the evil beings depicted in traditional Christian literature and pop culture. In the game they're not literal fallen angels revolting against god, they're manifestations from human subconsciousness.
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Hi all, is the game more evil than GTA series?
  • Topic Archived