Hi all, is the game more evil than GTA series?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Hi all, is the game more evil than GTA series?

User Info: apollo0

apollo0
1 year ago#21
From a gameplay and visual perspective, not too bad, even the demons arent anything to worry about. For children however, the story and some cutscenes are what id look out for, as they can be emotionally heavy for children, as it goes into suicide, loss, rape, abuse, turmoil, etc.

If GTA is a 10 on the "parental worry scale", Persona would be anywhere from a 5.5-7, depending on how the aforementioned things impact you.
PSN: Im_The_Capt_Now

User Info: cybershocker455

cybershocker455
1 year ago#22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7GNHqipgrk
Loudly and proudly a brony.

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
1 year ago#23
We're going to use shadows to fight shadows right? Doesn't that make the main people the good guys?

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
1 year ago#24
Is TC trolling us?
Cloud's harem: Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Barret, Zack, Sephiroth, Don Coreno. all those muscular men at the Honey Bee Inn. Yeah.

User Info: McVersed

McVersed
1 year ago#25
This game encourages sex with middle schoolers and student-teacher relations by making said teacher second best girl. Very wholesome family entertainment indeed.
I got a feeling so complicated

User Info: Dabrikishaw15

Dabrikishaw15
1 year ago#26
sotojuan posted...
Are the Phantom Thieves just?
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707 IGN: Anthony

User Info: rhony2

rhony2
1 year ago#27
Orange Clockwork posted...
These aren't Demons from Christian lore.

Well given that many Christian devil name were taken from the gods of other religions, you could say both yes and no to this. Plus many of the Persona names are taken from the Christian Angelic Choirs from medieval times with the exception of Cherubim and Seraphim. However the names Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel etc are the names of high ranking Christian Arch-Angels who have been identified as being in either the Seraphim or Cherubim ranks.

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
1 year ago#28

Some of them are though (Satan, Lucifer, Lilith, Legion, Beelzebub) Most of the angels are also from Christian mythology (Gabriel, Metatron, Melchizedek)
3DS FC: 3909-8685-3600

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
1 year ago#29
Wynvkius posted...

Some of them are though.

Again, yes, and no.

In Persona you're not usually facing actual demons. Nor do you wield them. You're facing off against shadows, and manifestations of human emotions. Which are different, and usually pulled from the collective unconscious.

It's splitting hairs, but it can make a difference between someone playing mainline, and Persona.

Also, another minor point. Again, it's primarily Abrahamic. I know Christian is the concept most of us are familiar with. But most of these entities' forms reflect their history in regards to Abrahamic faith, not just Christian.
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

User Info: Liquid_Sun

Liquid_Sun
1 year ago#30

Well some of them are
PSN: esper417
add me always adding people
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Hi all, is the game more evil than GTA series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived