You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 FAQ - *READ HERE BEFORE POSTING*

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
1 year ago#11
I might specify that it's the Black Kogatana, Model Gun, Black Robe, and Black Rock, and that they're needed to create a lot of the strongest endgame weapons/guns/accessories (so they should be saved), since a lot of people don't know what they're for and end up wasting/not buying/selling them. (Maybe mention where they can be bought as well. There's at least the second-hand shop in the backstreets, street vendor on central street at night, and that one online store (you access it by fixing the laptop, right?).)

I might also add that electric chair and network fusion can only be done once a day, and each persona can only be strengthened once a day in the gallows (right?), although you can strengthen multiple in a day. When each feature becomes available might be helpful too, although I don't know the times off-hand myself (except for electric chair/itemization which I think one guide said is after the fourth palace, but I'm not certain about that).

A paragraph on what carries over to NG+/its mechanics would be really helpful.

Something something flu season, something something reaper exploit, something something else confusing Mementos bosses for money.

Maybe a sentence or two about registering personas. Capturing and registering all the personas you can can be super useful later on, so it might be good to occasionally travel to the entrance then register + release personas if your stock is getting full.

I'd personally put the fusion calculator higher up since it's an incredibly useful resource, but that's just me.

Some other miscellaneous tips and tricks like the schedule for when there's stat-boosting questions on TV, drawing on the blackboard, etc. could be nice.

It'd be a bit more work, but an overview of the times/days/weathers when you get higher boosts from certain activities (like the Bathhouse being more effective on Mondays, Thursdays, and rainy days) would be pretty useful.

Maybe a bit about reading. (That it's different from studying and aside from random train sequences can be done at the tables in the library or the shelf next to the payphone in LeBlanc, since the in-game tutorials aren't very clear about this. Also, that Cinema Treasures increases the effectiveness of movies, and that once you've gone through the first three books in...that one bookstore (where they cost 8,000 yen), you can buy Speedreading to read books faster.)

Oh, and that after you send calling cards but before you steal the treasure, Morgana will allow you a free period to create crafting tools. Useful for boosting proficiency, even if you don't need any infiltration tools and you're just making lockpicks. (The second-hand shop selling 3 Silk Yarns a day is pretty helpful for this, by the way. I always found myself running out of those.)
"It's raining again."
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
1 year ago#12
Added some more categories. Hope this can be stickied soon.
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

User Info: highpost1388

highpost1388
1 year ago#13
FoxyAreku posted...

Sticky requested! Great job.

I have a question about conflicting feelings on following a guide for max confidants vs. prioritizing Death for the SP adhesives. In the guides, Death gets to rank 6 before palace 2 is really explored, and then rank 7 before the boss fight. Should I pick a spot to prioritize Death rank 7 before getting into that palace?
Recently beat: Valkyria Chronicles, World of FF, FFXV, Rogue Galaxy
Playing or waiting for: Persona 4, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, Persona 5

FoxyAreku
1 year ago#14
highpost1388 posted...
FoxyAreku posted...

I have a question about conflicting feelings on following a guide for max confidants vs. prioritizing Death for the SP adhesives. In the guides, Death gets to rank 6 before palace 2 is really explored, and then rank 7 before the boss fight. Should I pick a spot to prioritize Death rank 7 before getting into that palace?

Palace 2 is a special case and impossible to do in one day regardless, you have to leave halfway through it for story reasons, and I wouldn't say getting to the story block off is particularly hard with or without the accessory because it's just halfway through it. Just do whatever you want. :D
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: highpost1388

highpost1388
1 year ago#15
FoxyAreku posted...
highpost1388 posted...
FoxyAreku posted...

Palace 2 is a special case and impossible to do in one day regardless, you have to leave halfway through it for story reasons, and I wouldn't say getting to the story block off is particularly hard with or without the accessory because it's just halfway through it. Just do whatever you want. :D

Ah, okay, that's awesome. Thanks for answering without spoilers. Good luck getting the sticky!
Recently beat: Valkyria Chronicles, World of FF, FFXV, Rogue Galaxy
Playing or waiting for: Persona 4, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, Persona 5

FoxyAreku
1 year ago#16
Bump.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Emarka

Emarka
1 year ago#17
Nice write up. Only suggestion I have is to tell people to ALWAYS read their Mishima texts immediately - not reading a request text on the day he sent it will sometimes mean that they will miss the chance to complete that request.

Sticky requested.
GT: Emarka013
PSN: Empty_Logic

User Info: dragonkyn20

dragonkyn20
1 year ago#18
Emarka posted...
Nice write up. Only suggestion I have is to tell people to ALWAYS read their Mishima texts immediately - not reading a request text on the day he sent it will sometimes mean that they will miss the chance to complete that request.

Sticky requested.

I cannot stress this enough. I missed out on some requests in my first playthrough because I was speeding through days without reading my texts. and Since you can only hold so many messages in your phone, you can easily miss out on something important.
PSN: dragonkyn20; FFXIV Balmung: Kairo Fujima
If I die, don't hold it against me. I used to be a Dragoon.
(edited 1 year ago)

FoxyAreku
1 year ago#19
You'll never see it bumping.

User Info: Frakkmeh

Frakkmeh
1 year ago#20
I recommend including:

Where is my DLC?
The cardboard box in your room to the left of the TV.

Does X stack with Y?
Boost, amp, and Magic Ability do stack. The ability Firm Stance stacks with the accessory Divine Pillar.

What's the last day I have to sell items?
12/22

You should also include the network fusion only skills in your section about network fusion. Almighty boost, almighty amp, magic ability and soul chain.

EDIT: also note that the hard cap for yen is 9,999,999
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 FAQ - *READ HERE BEFORE POSTING*