• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Question about Ishtar

User Info: xMyou

xMyou
4 years ago#1
So in my first play through I didn't get around to fusing Ishtar..regretting it right now because despite getting Ann to max again it's saying it's an impossible fusion. Going by the fusion calculator with Raphael and Queen's Necklace. I've tried other combinations too but it still says impossible. I've gotten Ryuji and the Twins to max as well and I was able to get their Persona unlocks and fuse them.

So my question is this, does unlocking Ishtar have some other requirement I don't know about? Like..can only be done starting on a certain date? When Igor unlocks more for me?
3DS FC : 0817-3751-4332 SoS: Trio of Towns - Akiba Farm
All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..

User Info: Kung_fu92

Kung_fu92
4 years ago#2
You'll need to get to a level where you can fuse Ishtar again, or you need to get the strength Arcana to 10 and use Yen to fuse it.
A frog in a well knows nothing of the great ocean.

User Info: skeithxth

skeithxth
4 years ago#3
I beat the game and can confirm I got Ishtar in preparation for Satanael in NG+. I also got Satan as well.

I believe I fused Uriel and something else together to get Ishtar. Can't quite remember. It only took 2 Personae, though.

And by the end, the only maxed Links I had done were Lovers and Death. So I think it's something you CAN do at any point, but you just have to have the 2 correct Personae to do it. And be at the right level (85 or above). And if Ishtar is the max Lovers Arcana, then obviously, that'll have to be maxed as well.

Funnily enough, I was actually trying to fuse Michael while doing it (which I still haven't done), and wound up somehow finding a way to create Ishtar by chance.
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.

User Info: mongopikis

mongopikis
4 years ago#4
Impossible?

Is the fusion blacked out, or does it actually say Queen's Necklace + Raphael = Impossible?

You might need to unlock Guillotine Booster (Strength 5) but I doubt it.

xMyou
4 years ago#5
Kung_fu92 posted...
You'll need to get to a level where you can fuse Ishtar again, or you need to get the strength Arcana to 10 and use Yen to fuse it.

Well in my first play through I got the Strength Arcana to 10 and on New Game + I did it again. So I already had the options available to me that the Twins give as soon as Strength 1.

skeithxth posted...
I beat the game and can confirm I got Ishtar in preparation for Satanael in NG+. I also got Satan as well.

I believe I fused Uriel and something else together to get Ishtar. Can't quite remember. It only took 2 Personae, though.

And by the end, the only maxed Links I had done were Lovers and Death. So I think it's something you CAN do at any point, but you just have to have the 2 correct Personae to do it. And be at the right level (85 or above). And if Ishtar is the max Lovers Arcana, then obviously, that'll have to be maxed as well.

Funnily enough, I was actually trying to fuse Michael while doing it (which I still haven't done), and wound up somehow finding a way to create Ishtar by chance.

I really don't know why it's telling me it's impossible. My level shouldn't be an issue if I have the Strength social link at 10. As I said, it let me fuse to get Ryuji's unlock in my new game, had to pay like 450000 yen lol..but it let me do it.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/index.html#/persona/Ishtar

That is what I am looking at when trying to fuse..all the combinations with Raphael say impossible. I'll try the other ones later.

User Info: skeithxth

skeithxth
4 years ago#6
xMyou posted...
Kung_fu92 posted...

Well in my first play through I got the Strength Arcana to 10 and on New Game + I did it again. So I already had the options available to me that the Twins give as soon as Strength 1.

skeithxth posted...

I really don't know why it's telling me it's impossible. My level shouldn't be an issue if I have the Strength social link at 10. As I said, it let me fuse to get Ryuji's unlock in my new game, had to pay like 450000 yen lol..but it let me do it.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/index.html#/persona/Ishtar

That is what I am looking at when trying to fuse..all the combinations with Raphael say impossible. I'll try the other ones later.

Thanks for the chart, you helped me remember what I fused lol. It was Uriel and Kali. Wasn't aware you could fuse whatever you wanted via the STR link though. Then again, I only went out of my way for Lovers and Death so that's to be expected lol.

I'll have to take that into consideration when I go for NG+.
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.

xMyou
4 years ago#7
Thanks for all your input though. I finally was able to get her..That fusion calculator still needs some work it seems. I went with another combination and it finally accepted it. Actually went with the Uriel and Kali that was suggested by skeithxth. I was just really trying to avoid the more expensive fusion combinations..even though I have 5M Yen right now hah..I am a cheap S.O.B

User Info: Thalantyr1216

Thalantyr1216
4 years ago#8
I definitely fused Ishtar with Raphael+Something.

Thing is Personas current levels matter, not base unlike what some sites claim, so if you leveled a component too high then the formulas change.
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Question about Ishtar
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A