• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate NES Remix
  3. How do l get 10 1-ups in a row?

User Info: Bako Ikporamee

Bako Ikporamee
6 years ago#1
SMB stage 9. it stops at 8. if l try to do anything l just die
Official "Bako Ikporamee" of GameFAQs
https://www.leetshoe.com | https://twitter.com/leetshoedotcom

User Info: nodnizzle

nodnizzle
6 years ago#2
Watch a replay through the leader board (hit the crown icon on the lower right hand part of the screen, should show you all of the top scores and you can click on them to see replays.)

I couldn't figure it out at first, but what you have to do is first jump away from the shell since they start you off to where you can only get 8 1ups or something if you don't move off of the shell at first. Then, you'll want to hit the shell right to the left of it to where you're barely touching it and let yourself bounce up and down until you get 10 1ups. It's a pain to land right in the right spot, and so it's easier to just watch replays of how to do it and then copy what you see.

User Info: TheBlackRegent

TheBlackRegent
6 years ago#3
The challenge I hate the most. I tried it like a hundred times and made it with pure luck.

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
6 years ago#4
I did this on the first try and rainbow starred it
You know...one man can make a difference and With great power comes great responsiblity....WHY??? BECAUSE STAN LEE said so--R.I.P Stan the man Lee--1922-2018

User Info: TheBlackRegent

TheBlackRegent
6 years ago#5
SS4kronos33 posted...
I did this on the first try and rainbow starred it

It's not possible, to finish without rainbows. I once tried for three minutes. Still rainbows.

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
6 years ago#6
yet i did it. i just played it like i would the actual nes game
You know...one man can make a difference and With great power comes great responsiblity....WHY??? BECAUSE STAN LEE said so--R.I.P Stan the man Lee--1922-2018

User Info: Number43

Number43
6 years ago#7
SS4kronos33 posted...
yet i did it. i just played it like i would the actual nes game

You misread. He meant if you complete it at all you are sure to get rainbows. So saying you beat it first try and saying you got rainbows the first try are the same thing.

User Info: Number43

Number43
6 years ago#8
nodnizzle posted...
Watch a replay through the leader board (hit the crown icon on the lower right hand part of the screen, should show you all of the top scores and you can click on them to see replays.)

I couldn't figure it out at first, but what you have to do is first jump away from the shell since they start you off to where you can only get 8 1ups or something if you don't move off of the shell at first. Then, you'll want to hit the shell right to the left of it to where you're barely touching it and let yourself bounce up and down until you get 10 1ups. It's a pain to land right in the right spot, and so it's easier to just watch replays of how to do it and then copy what you see.

The replays on the leader board don't show doing that. They show not moving at first, then moving right slightly right before failure would happen, as doing that makes the best possible time. I can't pull it off though.

User Info: supersonicx01

supersonicx01
6 years ago#9
it took me a while to find the timing. you move left then to the right press "A" a bunch of times. your timing is strict. I found out that the timing for the move is on the 7th 1up, Then its all about timing and moving.
Need something?
AIM: SupersonicX01
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate NES Remix
  3. How do l get 10 1-ups in a row?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A