• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Well, Konami just killed the modding community for MGSV.

User Info: Mute_Guardian7

Mute_Guardian7
5 years ago#1
According to the new TOS, you can get banned for messing with any game files (ex. turning D-Dog into Ocelot, bringing back Quiet etc.). So instead of adding support for something like VAC to take down actual hackers, they're just gonna bring us all down with them.

<sarcasm>Thanks Konami!</sarcasm>
| PC SPECS | | AMD Athlon X4 620 | EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB | 6GB RAM |
"Eat your permanent ignore, then, scrub." -Master_Faust, 2015

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
5 years ago#2
I can't delete glitched custom weapons.

RIP
In a recent statistical study, it was shown that only 9/10 people want to play DotA 2.

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
5 years ago#3
What a shame. I guess what you can do, if you want to mod, is to play in offline mode and backup your saves and files for when you want to play online. It'll be a a hassle but you probably won't get banned for it.
I am not economically viable.

User Info: jaoman69

jaoman69
5 years ago#4
Good. the game was never meant to be modded get over it.

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
5 years ago#5
jaoman69 posted...

That's not a very progressive attitude.
In a recent statistical study, it was shown that only 9/10 people want to play DotA 2.

User Info: VspecII

VspecII
5 years ago#6
SpinKirby posted...
jaoman69 posted...

That's not a very progressive attitude.

I can't really blame him with the amount of hackers I've seen. You can even find them openly asking for help, or even bragging on the steam forums.

Though in the end, it's konami's fault for not securing their game.

User Info: bitsoul91

bitsoul91
5 years ago#7
I think it's a good move too, since MGO is just around the block, we can't have more hackers running around before it comes out..
FC: 1134-9334-5528 FS: Ground type/1. Sandshrew 2. Dugtrio 3. Diggersby

User Info: Mute_Guardian7

Mute_Guardian7
5 years ago#8
bitsoul91 posted...
I think it's a good move too, since MGO is just around the block, we can't have more hackers running around before it comes out..

Yes, I'm also glad they're taking anti-hack measures, but they could've made or implemented a anti-cheat system instead of killing the modding community. It's not like there were much mods anyways (mostly just model swaps and gameplay changes), but still, they could've used a different method of keeping hackers at bay. Well, I'd rather have little to no hackers rather over mods anyways.
| PC SPECS | AMD Athlon X4 620 | EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB | 6GB RAM |
"That's the trash can. Feel free to visit it any time" -Papyrus, Undertale

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
5 years ago#9
I brought Quiet back and have a play-as-Quiet mod active and no bans for me yet.
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; MH4U in-game name: Night Fury.

User Info: Goobers

Goobers
5 years ago#10
I read the online message regarding "mods"

What I take away:

Mods such as character changes would be classified as "illicit changes"... and those, as per the message, are "quarantine." Which means people that turned Snake into Quiet or such are NOT going to get their games matched to unmodded players, but only to other modded players.

OTHER mods... like time hack, resource etc, would be classified as cheat and going further I don't know what mods are out that fall under malicious, but I would assume anything that interferes with other players would fall under it. And it's THOSE that are likely to get they accounts banned and such.

Maybe the real issue is how it being interpreted.
Doh!!! Double oHH!
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Well, Konami just killed the modding community for MGSV.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A