• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tearaway Unfolded
  3. Long loading times and unskippable cutscenes

User Info: ROBOCRIPPLE_

ROBOCRIPPLE_
3 years ago#1
Almost every time I fail a misguided gopher challenge, I have to go back to the beginning of the chapter. And I have to wait through the long loading time and the unskippable cutscenes. Jeez, I wish I can skip those cutscenes; I just get ticked off every time I'm interrupted from doing something, and I expect to start again immediately. I guess the long wait is my punishment for screwing up in front of that stupid gopher!

Perhaps upgrading to an SSD will speed up the loading screens since I have the game installed into my hard drive. How about an SSHD?
PSN ID: ROBOCRIPPLE_
In reality, the impossibilities are endless. In fiction, the possibilities are endless.

User Info: W_R

W_R
3 years ago#2
I feel your pain ROBOCRIPPLE_. Only a small fraction of the cutscenes in this game were actually skippable. The gopher stuff was ridiculous. There should have been an option to start back at the gopher. Loading times weren't too bad for me though. Maybe 10-15 seconds to load a checkpoint from scratch. I do have a hybrid SSD. I didn't notice thing getting faster when I switched to it, although I cannot argue with the improved times people have clocked out. A full SSD will help even more, but you'll be uninstalling things constantly since you can't get a large one without paying out your ears, and all games are installed the hard rive, disc or not.
  1. Boards
  2. Tearaway Unfolded
  3. Long loading times and unskippable cutscenes
  • Topic Archived