• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tearaway Unfolded
  3. So is it impossible for me to get all confetti now?

User Info: metroid02

metroid02
3 years ago#1
So I am having huuuuuge problems getting all the confetti on maypole fields. The issue is that I just spent a good three hours going through the level from start to finish with absolutely no luck whatsoever. I am missing 15 confetti.

I later found out that once you exit the barn for the first time theres a type of path that opens up which you can roll down. This path contains 15 confetti.

However, in my infinite wisdom I decided to explore the roof the first time I played and havent gone back since. Now I have the paper airplane waiting for me there and from what I can tell (I saw some lets plays of this level) the 15 confetti only spawn when you go down the path.

Now, when I go to the top of the barn I doesnt matter if I fly there or I exit from the barn itself (as though I had finished the barn level), the path simply wont appear no mater what.

So did my curiosity during my first playthrough cost me a chance at the platinum (for this file at least)? Or do you guys know of a method to have the confetti reappear?

As for whether or not I could have overlooked something: I am 99% sure that I havent. I have used guides (writtens ones are the only ones I could find) and have inched my way through every portion of the level, hoping I missed something. No luck.

EDIT: I have everything else as well, all red and blue presents, so I dont believe im missing some secret area.
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8

User Info: W_R

W_R
3 years ago#2
Did you read this thread?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/827529-tearaway-unfolded/72595421

The answer to your question appears to be yes, it's impossible. Hope you haven't spent much time on the gopher missions yet. That's the only real hard part about going for plat. The rest of it is just grunt work.

metroid02
3 years ago#3
W_R posted...
Did you read this thread?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/827529-tearaway-unfolded/72595421

The answer to your question appears to be yes, it's impossible. Hope you haven't spent much time on the gopher missions yet. That's the only real hard part about going for plat. The rest of it is just grunt work.

Thanks for the answer. Im guessing my only choice is to restart the game and do it right on my next playthrough. Except im not doing this, ive platinumed the original on the vita and as much as I like tearaway, Im not playing through unfolded again anytime soon if this is my only choice (yes, im salty).

I wrote MM about this issue, hope they will patch it. Then I might consider going for it again.
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8

W_R
3 years ago#4
Yeah I don't blame you at all. It's total BS. Some of the gopher missions are not even fair. Random camera angles can mess you up. And if you die you have to restart the level from scratch. So even if you did it, you might give up on the plat anyway (as many have done, and I almost did) as it is way harder than the Vita version.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
3 years ago#5
Wow, there needs to be a warning posted somewhere. That slide confetti is complete BS. There's no way that's intentional. Tearaway Untested.

metroid02
3 years ago#6
W_R posted...
Yeah I don't blame you at all. It's total BS. Some of the gopher missions are not even fair. Random camera angles can mess you up. And if you die you have to restart the level from scratch. So even if you did it, you might give up on the plat anyway (as many have done, and I almost did) as it is way harder than the Vita version.

I have only done a couple of the gopher missions, but I dont mind the difficulty. Tearaway Vita was stupidly easy to platinum. I did it in like two days of solid gaming.

But, what I cannot accept, and this is what truly hinders my fun with this particular version of tearaway, are stupid design decisions, such as the 15 confetti that I am talking about here. Or the incredibly poorly designed camera. Why this game forces me to look a certain way is beyond me, and if you decide to wrestle with the camera for a bit, it might actually eventually give in and show you the angle you want, but then it refuses to reset...Just incredibly bad camera design. Also, in regards to the gopher missions. Why must I restart the chapter again? Why cant I just reload the previous checkpoint and have that work? Or to make it even simpler, why cant I simply go back to the ******* house and pick up that gopher????

I really want to like Unfolded, and I think it has some really amazing sections and is a great reimagining of the original, but its far less cleverly designed than its predecessor to the point where I wonder if MM truly cared about this game to begin with.

EDIT: I wouldnt have given up on the plat for the difficulty, I plated Bloodborne and the original Lost Planet (back on the X360), so im no stranger to difficult plats, but when a design flaw, essentially makes it impossible for me to plat the game, thats when I stop caring.

metroid02
3 years ago#7
So I just talked to Media Molecules tech support through facebook and they basically told me that I was the first one to mention this problem and that they had completely overlooked it. But they also confirmed that this issue is present for everyone, so its not just my game glitching out. On the plus side they were super nice about it.

W_R
3 years ago#8
Thanks for the update metroid. Hopefully they patch it now.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
3 years ago#9
Well, even if they refuse, the slide is always there so long as you do it before unlocking the paper plane. The problem then would be how to make this more known. The community doesn't seem very large or active for this game.

W_R
3 years ago#10
Well the silver lining there is that if the community isn't very large, there won't be that many people affected. ;)
  1. Boards
  2. Tearaway Unfolded
  3. So is it impossible for me to get all confetti now?
  • Topic Archived