• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tearaway Unfolded
  3. Sign if You Have Achieved the Platinum in this Game (W_R)

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
3 years ago#11
Actually I forgot to ask them lol.
But I have already sent another mail asking about this.

User Info: W_R

W_R
3 years ago#12
Cool hopefully it will lead to a patch! :o)

New_Birdman
3 years ago#13
Here is the response.

"This is amazing! Our QA department are well impressed.

The key phrase here is “Fortunately, nothing that totally breaks the game and it's stuff you have to MAKE happen”. When you’re finalling a game and deadlines are looming, there ultimately comes a time where you have to decide what to fix and what not to fix. And bugs that only happen if you try very hard to break the game are the first to go.

As for fixing them now, well I’m afraid we all have our hands rather full with making Dreams. We are a small company and we can’t dedicate resources to fixing Tearaway forever, no matter how much we’d like to.

QA would like you to know that they think you should go for a career in games QA. You have exactly the right mindset judging by this."

The slide would definitely count as game-breaking, so I'm sure they'll patch it if it does turn out to be the issue.

W_R
3 years ago#14
TBH I kind of agree with them on that. I mean the slide they owe it to us to fix, but all the skips and things I don't think they should go back to if everyone's moved on to the net project.

User Info: FF_Fiend

FF_Fiend
3 years ago#15
Can you guess explain the slide thing to me? I'm missing ONE piece of confetti in the barn. Does that have anything to do with this glitch?
Playing: lots of things.
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg

New_Birdman
3 years ago#16
Since it's related to getting Platinum.
The slide from the top of the Grocer's Barn to the ground has some confetti on it, but if you miss it the slide doesn't come back.

Recently I and and another player were unable to get all the confetti for Maypole Fields and we believe it is due to this. I restarted and got all the confetti on the slide and easily got 100% for Maypole.

I'm going through again on a new file to make absolutely sure this is the case. I'll purposely miss the slide by jumping off the roof, and see what happens when I return later after unlocking the paper plane.

If your missing piece is for the barn though, it won't be the slide, because that happens outside of the barn.

User Info: FF_Fiend

FF_Fiend
3 years ago#17
*Sign* got the platinum yesterday, finally. It's not actually that hard of a plat, just requires a lot of patience and a lot of TEDIOUS backtracking. This game marks my 81st plat. :)
Playing: lots of things.
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg

W_R
3 years ago#18
Great job FF_Fiend! :o)

Yeah I pretty much did a 2nd "playthrough" (not a real one, since so many things can't be repeated easily) because I didn't want to plan out where I needed to go, and I just followed a collectibles guide. The gopher things (particularly the desert and between the pages) was the most annoying thing for me.

New_Birdman
3 years ago#19
I got it recently. I've never been bothered with getting trophies in games, but decided to get it for something extra to do. Might try in some of my others games too.

W_R
3 years ago#20
Great job New_Birdman! :o)

"but decided to get it for something extra to do."

Kind of like an extra thing to do huh? ;) lol

Yeah, what happened to me is I realized there was a game I could get plat in, so I went for it. Then I kind of got addicted to getting them haha.
  1. Boards
  2. Tearaway Unfolded
  3. Sign if You Have Achieved the Platinum in this Game (W_R)
  • Topic Archived