You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Until Dawn
  3. Emily was my favourite character.

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
2 months ago#1
I really enjoyed Beth at the beginning, but she died too soon.

Then i started to like Sam more because her personality, shes such a nice person.

In contrast I despised Emily because shes extremely selfish and annoying, but at mid game she gets the biggest action scenes after Mike and she does all alone when shes separated from Matt, she proves to be such a courageous girl.

I killed her when I though she was inffected but I had to play it again from that part because I felt guilty after choosing her was as the most hated in the psychatrist interview.

I didnt helped that I left the Wendigo kill Sam by accident. So I played again from the part I was able to save Emily and Sam, but Matt who I had saved previously, died in the process.

DEATHS:
Jessica - at the elevator
Chris - by Wendigo,as Ashley didnt opened the door to him
Emily - Shoot in the eye
Sam - impaled by the Wendigo

SAVED:

Matt (died in the second run)
Mike
Ashley
Emily and Sam (2nd playthrough)

Overall a great story, but the game doesnt have much replay value, so I think I wont ever touch it again.

I got curious about the Wendigo myth and did some research, poor Hannah and Beth. They didnt deserved that fate.
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch

User Info: mastermedic

mastermedic
2 months ago#2
Interesting! Have you checked out bonus content? You get the stranger's backstory if you find all the totems (and if you don't, you still have access to bits and pieces).

PoorRetroGamer
2 months ago#3
mastermedic posted...
Interesting! Have you checked out bonus content? You get the stranger's backstory if you find all the totems (and if you don't, you still have access to bits and pieces).

I didnt , I really enjoyed the game for the story, but I dont plan to ever come back to it.

Same thing with Heavy Rain and other great cinematic games.
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch

PoorRetroGamer
2 months ago#4
Note that some bland characters like Jessica and Matt, I couldnt care less that Wendigo Hannah had them.

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
4 weeks ago#5
There's a decent amount of replay value since the scenes during the credits change depending on what you did and who survived. I'd at least get a deathless run before shelving the game.

Also not sure how anyone can actually fall for that terrible 'infection' trap, this isn't a zombie movie lol. Worst scene in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/c/foxyarekuandcanas
Check out my youtube for guides and gameplays.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: zzanmato

zzanmato
4 weeks ago#6
I can understand the characters are terrified and they tend to make conclusions that are out of context or even ridiculous. Ashley is simply panicking, but Mike is the worst; he stays calm and his conclusion, in his believe, should be taken as fact. And because he has taken the leader role, no one but Sam tries to talk it out of his head.

Simply put, one can make unrealistic conclusions and if such thoughts are not taken out of one's head, it could lead to trouble. Which is exactly what happened.

I'm not surprised the scene happened, the mind of a human being can bend in the most ridicolous ways .
[--- There's no monopoly of common sense ---]
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: aiwboojum

aiwboojum
3 weeks ago#7
Emily was easily the best character in the game. I admit to thinking she was just a typical b**** in the beginning, but over the course of the game I really grew to like her. I managed to save her in my first playthrough and I don't think I could bear to play one where she dies.

It was Emily's idea to go get help after Josh's "death," which ended up being the right thing to do and probably saved everyone in the end. In addition she had what was far and away the best two chapters in the game to herself (both of her scenes in the mines) I will defend Emily all day against her detractors who only see the obnoxious high school girl from the beginning.
  1. Boards
  2. Until Dawn
  3. Emily was my favourite character.