• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Until Dawn
  3. Emily the most hated character?

User Info: CirOnn

CirOnn
3 years ago#41
Emily is the worst, personality-wise, but I dig her. In my gameplay she actually appreciated Matt a lot by the end and had an epic escape from Hannah by shooting her in the face with a flare gun.

User Info: ThinkingOfYou

ThinkingOfYou
3 years ago#42
CirOnn posted...
Emily is the worst, personality-wise, but I dig her. In my gameplay she actually appreciated Matt a lot by the end and had an epic escape from Hannah by shooting her in the face with a flare gun.

Ah! So she didn't get bit?
The official fabulous homosexual of the GameFAQs boards!! <3 Oh, and for your information, I'm always watching.... Kisses! - A #StayYou #TheGayGod #LGBT #PLL

User Info: CirOnn

CirOnn
3 years ago#43
ThinkingOfYou posted...
CirOnn posted...

Ah! So she didn't get bit?

Nope, she escaped neatly! It was pretty epic.

User Info: Wongster

Wongster
3 years ago#44
FearPotion posted...
Also there is a way to turn Emily around and care for Matt. Looks like many people didn't play the game the way I did. Emily actually has a nice side to her b*tchy behavior if you had made the right decisions too. She has been through more and accomplish more then Ashley ever did. That's why I can appreciated Emily more. Her playthrough was also a lot more fun tcompared to Ashley's.

The amount of effort you need to put in to have her be positive towards Matt is way more than the amount of effort needed to make her dislike him, so I daresay that the devs almost wanted people to make her salty.
Brave Frontier JP ID: 08176318
Leaders: Glyph (L), Rivera (B), Bestie (A), Iris (G).

User Info: gamer4life018

gamer4life018
3 years ago#45
I didn't mind her as a character. One of her strengths is being independent when the stakes are high. I didn't connect with her personality and how abrasive she can be with her friends. Overall, I feel she complements the other characters well because she's different. If they all had the same (or similar) personality, there would be less variety in the story.

User Info: FearPotion

FearPotion
3 years ago#46
Wongster posted...
FearPotion posted...
Also there is a way to turn Emily around and care for Matt. Looks like many people didn't play the game the way I did. Emily actually has a nice side to her b*tchy behavior if you had made the right decisions too. She has been through more and accomplish more then Ashley ever did. That's why I can appreciated Emily more. Her playthrough was also a lot more fun tcompared to Ashley's.

The amount of effort you need to put in to have her be positive towards Matt is way more than the amount of effort needed to make her dislike him, so I daresay that the devs almost wanted people to make her salty.

The devs made each character play an archetype. If everyone was such a nice person then their is no depth and chemistry. What don't you understand?

User Info: SpeedSh0t92

SpeedSh0t92
3 years ago#47
Wongster posted...
FearPotion posted...

I thought all you had to do was side with her during the argument with Jess.
"You can't end a good party without someone on the floor."- Yusuke Urameshi
PSN-PhantomBlood01

Wongster
3 years ago#48
FearPotion posted...
The devs made each character play an archetype. If everyone was such a nice person then their is no depth and chemistry. What don't you understand?

I didn't say otherwise. All I pointed out was that it was harder to get her to like Matt by the end than it is to get her to dislike him. Never did I say everyone had to be a single type of nice. What don't you understand.

The game devs more than likely had visions for what they wanted each character to be, but still offered player freedom by allowing us to mould the characters into something else. You can make Emily nice by end game, but most people end up with a still-b****y Emily because of what I mentioned above. You even talk as if few people knew about the option to make Emily nice when that fact has already been plastered all over this forum.

User Info: FearPotion

FearPotion
3 years ago#49
Wongster posted...
FearPotion posted...

I didn't say otherwise. All I pointed out was that it was harder to get her to like Matt by the end than it is to get her to dislike him. Never did I say everyone had to be a single type of nice. What don't you understand.

The game devs more than likely had visions for what they wanted each character to be, but still offered player freedom by allowing us to mould the characters into something else. You can make Emily nice by end game, but most people end up with a still-b****y Emily because of what I mentioned above. You even talk as if few people knew about the option to make Emily nice when that fact has already been plastered all over this forum.

How is it suppose to be hard to get on Emily good side when you are mostly given 2 choices every time when prompt to do so? It's a 50/50 most of the time.

The game already hints that Emily doesn't respect a nice pleasing doormat. So stop making Matt one and have him stand up to his beliefs and morale. I played Matt like a jock archetype and Emily came around to respect and cared about Matt.

Wongster
3 years ago#50
FearPotion posted...
How is it suppose to be hard to get on Emily good side when you are mostly given 2 choices every time when prompt to do so? It's a 50/50 most of the time.

The game already hints that Emily doesn't respect a nice pleasing doormat. So stop making Matt one and have him stand up to his beliefs and morale. I played Matt like a jock archetype and Emily came around to respect and cared about Matt.

Implying I'm always making Matt Emily's doormat.
Implying that to get Emily to be nice, all you have to do is choose the 'nice' option each time.
  1. Boards
  2. Until Dawn
  3. Emily the most hated character?
  • Topic Archived