• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Until Dawn
  3. As a black man i'm ashamed of myself...(spoilers)

User Info: Menace2Society

Menace2Society
4 years ago#1
i finished the game with only Matt dying, this is unacceptable for me because not only did i contribute to one of the main horror tropes of all black characters always dying in them but i made it worse by having the only black dude in the game being the only one to die simply because i was trying to be brave and help my GF so she wouldn't plummet to her death only to be dragged away by a wendigo and impaled through the face with a hook. I feel humiliated, violated, exasperated, and constipated because of this travesty and will have no choice but to replay and make matt the sole survivor to remedy this mess

User Info: iconiq

iconiq
4 years ago#2
How not to die with Matt:

Matt is actually the first to character who "can" die first. When you're with Em on your way to the mountains, you get surrounded by deer. If you decide to hit the deer with Matt, they will push him off the cliff. If you fail the QTE, he falls and dies.

As for not dying with Matt: Simply disagree with Em when she says that you should go to the fire tower. Then, take the flare gun with Em when you're on the tower and give it to Matt. This will result in Matt not shooting the flare gun. You can then attempt to save Em twice until the game forces Matt to jump to the lower level mine shaft, where he encounters a Wendigo. You can use the flare gun to defend yourself.

If you don't have the flare gun, only attempt once or not at all to save Em. This will result in Matt jumping to the upper mine shaft level and he won't encounter any wendigo.

User Info: Barachiel1976

Barachiel1976
4 years ago#3
I'm proud to say that I put in the ultimate effort, and goddammit, the Token Black Guy LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took the last poster's Option B route, not knowing about the bloody flare gun. :( Sad to say, Emily was not happy with her boytoy at the end.

User Info: Jeff2113

Jeff2113
4 years ago#4
Jessica is the first character that can die not matt.
Maximum Overdrive 4 years ago#5
Jeff2113 posted...

^^ This

Also, Matt was the only one to die for me too. :(

He dies so early so it's a b**** to save him since you have to play most of the game to get to the end.
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL

User Info: XxIamKiraXx

XxIamKiraXx
4 years ago#6
Maximum Overdrive posted...
Jeff2113 posted...

^^ This

Also, Matt was the only one to die for me too. :(

He dies so early so it's a b**** to save him since you have to play most of the game to get to the end.

Doesn't matter if she didn't die
Psn: iamkira08
Maximum Overdrive 4 years ago#7
XxIamKiraXx posted...

Doesn't matter if she didn't die

We're responding to this:

iconiq posted...
How not to die with Matt:

Matt is actually the first to character who "can" die first. When you're with Em on your way to the mountains, you get surrounded by deer. If you decide to hit the deer with Matt, they will push him off the cliff. If you fail the QTE, he falls and dies.
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL

User Info: iconiq

iconiq
4 years ago#8
How can Jess die first? I also read that Mike can die at the guest cabin? Three play-throughs, different choices, all resulting in Jessica stepping outside, screaming and getting abducted.

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
4 years ago#9
Quote:How can Jess die first? I also read that Mike can die at the guest cabin? Three play-throughs, different choices, all resulting in Jessica stepping outside, screaming and getting abducted.
@iconiq

She dies first if you're slow chasing her with Mike at the cabin.

Mike can't die until the final moments of the game. Him and Sam have to survive for the story to totally make sense I guess.

You can literally put your controller down when in the sanatorium
The fire baby -- it'll burn us both. Always and never.

User Info: CoolMaskGuy

CoolMaskGuy
4 years ago#10
The choices that lead to Matt dying/living are probably the most obtuse in the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Until Dawn
  3. As a black man i'm ashamed of myself...(spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A