• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. P.T.
  3. Hidden message on the edge of the bathtub

User Info: aztekksupreme

aztekksupreme
7 years ago#1
I looked at the edge of the bathtub with a blue flashlight, and I think I found a hidden message in Japanese. Can anyone translate it? http://postimg.org/image/9wjkbyost/
(message deleted)

User Info: kinnikuroy9264

kinnikuroy9264
7 years ago#3
Interesting, i can translate it for you but the image is so blurry and pixelated can't figure out the message. Indeed its a japanese text. I can read some but I won't make assumption unless I can read the whole thing.
PSN: kingroy9264
Currently Playing Dark Souls 2: Lvl 180:

aztekksupreme
7 years ago#4
kinnikuroy9264 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

That was the best screenshot I could get. You can click on the pic to zoom in. Do you have P.T.? You could look at it yourself.

User Info: kinnikuroy9264

kinnikuroy9264
7 years ago#5
Im at work by now... Do i have to make my flashlight blue for me to see the message?
PSN: kingroy9264
Currently Playing Dark Souls 2: Lvl 180:

User Info: Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144
7 years ago#6
kinnikuroy9264 posted...
Interesting, i can translate it for you but the image is so blurry and pixelated can't figure out the message. Indeed its a japanese text. I can read some but I won't make assumption unless I can read the whole thing.

Same here. And I just tried looking at it in-game myself, but it's not really any more readable. Depending on the way you point the flashlight, part of it becomes a bit clearer, but I still can't make out what it says...

Edit: Yes, the blue flashlight makes it a bit more readable. I tried the normal one, and while you can tell there's something there, it's far less visible than with the blue one. Trying red, green or yellow might help, though. Gotta admit that I'm done playing this for the night, because I'm chickenXDD
3DS Friend Code: 4425-1544-4333

aztekksupreme
7 years ago#7
kinnikuroy9264 posted...
Im at work by now... Do i have to make my flashlight blue for me to see the message?

No, but it's much clearer with a blue flashlight.

aztekksupreme
7 years ago#8
Dark_Shiva144 posted...
kinnikuroy9264 posted...

Same here. And I just tried looking at it in-game myself, but it's not really any more readable. Depending on the way you point the flashlight, part of it becomes a bit clearer, but I still can't make out what it says...

Edit: Yes, the blue flashlight makes it a bit more readable. I tried the normal one, and while you can tell there's something there, it's far less visible than with the blue one. Trying red, green or yellow might help, though. Gotta admit that I'm done playing this for the night, because I'm chickenXDD

I just looked at it with every color flashlight. Blue seems to work best.

User Info: SoraandRoxasFan

SoraandRoxasFan
7 years ago#9
The word is written in Hiragana and Katakana letters (the letters used in the Japanese alphabet), but they are so faded out that it's hard to tell which word it is.

I already don't know how many times I've looked at the word but I've only been able to guess two of the four letters. Seriously, Kojima loves trolling us, what's the point of making nearly impossible to guess a hint which most of the people who have played the demo have missed? ¬¬

What I think each letter is:

-The first one I believe is the letter ''o'' in hiragana.
-The second one is clearly the letter ''e'' in katakana.
-The third one could be either ''ru'', ''ro'' or ''chi'' in hiragana.
-The fourth one is ''mi'' in hiragana.

I'll leave here two lists of hiragana and katakana letters so that everyone can guess which letters could be the two remaining ones:

Hiragana alphabet:
http://www.nipocatarinense.org.br/images/idioma/hiragana.gif

Katakana alphabet:
http://imagenes.mailxmail.com/cursos/imagenes/0/9/katakana.-escritura-en-japones_37890_4_1.jpg

User Info: Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144
7 years ago#10
Actually, I was thinking the first one could be either "so" or "(w)o". "So" would make more sense, though, since "wo" would imply that the most important part of the sentence is likely missing....unless, of course, the other half is hidden elsewhere, which is also entirely possible.
As for the others...I have to look at them again in-game later today, but I'm at work now.
3DS Friend Code: 4425-1544-4333
  1. Boards
  2. P.T.
  3. Hidden message on the edge of the bathtub
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A