• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Life is Strange
  3. * SPOILERS* Remember Chloe is a Teenager...
DCinGA 8 months ago#1
Had to keep telling myself that while interacting with her.

She is going through a rough patch and continually puts me (Max) into dangerous, destructive situations.
* Immediately risks my scholarship by blaming Max for the joint.
* Forces Max to rewind to save her from the ricocheting bullet. Imagine if that bullet were to hit Max!! Game over
* she's dumb enough to rob an armed drug dealer and get pissed that Max didn't shoot him. So...she's cool with Max being charged with murder...ugh
* Constantly refused help from others because "we got this", only to be saved by Max's rewind.

There are others but I'll stop, just had to vent for a minute.

Sure if Chloe was more grounded and logical, it'd be a pretty boring game...I get that.

One other thing that makes no sense is the Chloe x Max aspirations many here have. That is something else that is irrational. Chloe is in Love with Rachel, right? We see Rachel clearly viewed that relationship as platonic due to the pictures and letters we discover of Franks. Seems to me that Rachel wanted to get away from Arcadia Bay (and Chloe) and ride off with Frank.

We shake our heads at Warren for pursuing Max, while Chloe is doing the same to Rachel. I've yet to uncover any evidence that Rachel encouraged Chloe down that path.

Warren continually protects Max, while Chloe puts her in risky situations for selfish reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I am invested in the story, but the teenage drama is a bit grating. I'm about to start Episode 5 so who knows, maybe the writers will resolve the issues I have.

Hope I'm not forced into some hopeful future with Chloe(selfish, short sighted, in love with someone else) while shunning Warren (someone who has my best interests as a priority)

Good game!!

DCinGA 8 months ago#2
Wowsers!

What a hella game! Good job Dontnod.

Chloe seemed to have matured and develop perspective during the last episode...

...still digesting that...ending?

Well done writers, bravo
custard500011 4 months ago#3
yea it took me starting the second episode to understand that the characters are supposed to be kinda dumb. because they're teenagers and teenagers are dumb. once you view it through a lens of clumsy kids trying to figure out life while the whole thing becomes a lot more endearing.

and for god's sake tc. PLEASE play before the storm.
DCinGA 4 months ago#4
Isn't Before the Storm getting a remaster soon?
I do hope to play through it soon, would be nice with upgraded graphics.

@custard500011
Would you say it's as good as LiS?
custard500011 4 months ago#5
DCinGA posted...
Isn't Before the Storm getting a remaster soon?
I do hope to play through it soon, would be nice with upgraded graphics.

@custard500011
Would you say it's as good as LiS?

They are getting remastered so I guess you could play it then. But I think they might be delayed into next year. Either way, you should play it sooner than later since it's directly related to the main game and it's all fresh in your head.

I think I'm in the minority, but I like before the storm way more than the main game. The story hits way harder for me. Also there's this little bonus episode "farewell" that's also a must play and may have had the most emotionally impactful scene in the whole game in it.
  1. Boards
  2. Life is Strange
  3. * SPOILERS* Remember Chloe is a Teenager...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A