• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Life is Strange
  3. Your ending choice? *Spoilers*

User Info: Jedahpr

Jedahpr
4 years ago#1
Sacrifice Chloe or Arcadia Bay? - Results (2453 votes)
Sacrificed Chloe
44.97% (1103 votes)
Sacrificed Arcadia Bay
55.03% (1350 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Explain your decisions!

According to the game stats 47% picked to sacrifice Arcadia Bay while 53% sacrificed Chloe.

I have to admit that I had to pause the game during the final choice before I could decide. No matter the choice you pick you feel terrible for it because you end up losing anyways.

I ended going the "selfish" route and picked to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. The life of one person over the lifes of an entire town. I just really couldn't imagine a world for Max without Chloe in it. The entire game is showcasing their "destiny" and special friendship together.

Their plans was to always leave Arcadia Bay and "rule the world together"; so I really felt that everything that happened in the game from Max going back to her hometown and getting her powers was because she was meant to hook up with Chloe.

Regardless of the choice you end up making you still feel terrible for it.
Memento Mori

User Info: ssj5goku2005

ssj5goku2005
4 years ago#2
I just finished the game and damn that ending made both seasons of The Walking Dead look like comedies by comparison

I not only had to pause to think about that final decision, but I checked the Xbox Store to see if the final episode of Tales from the Borderlands was up yet to give myself extra time to think

Anyway, I ended up sacrificing Arcadia Bay...I know sacrificing Chloe was the "right" choice, but I couldn't bring myself to do it...plus since that final scene just shows the destroyed homes but no people I can choose to believe that at least some people survived until season 2 proves me wrong (which, since it's featuring an all-new cast if it does happen, it probably won't)
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009

User Info: WolfeyesVIII

WolfeyesVIII
4 years ago#3
As said in another topic:

Saved Chloe.

For one, throughout the game, it asks how far they would go for each other. If you choose to side against David even, Max makes clear to him she's on Chloe's side and won't let anyone hurt her. Episode 4 and then 5 puts that to the task, both when you're asked to potentially euthanize her and when you're asked to sacrifice her for the town. Episode 5's final choice asks you to put your actions where your mouth is.

Second, the game does say wrecking with time is bad. In many time travel stories that explore that lesson, part of learning the lesson is to give back everything you gained, usually through reset, as done if you sacrifice Chloe. However, the game also brings up consequences of your choices. Saving Chloe the first time started the chain of consequences but letting her live is accepting them as the 'final' reality instead of just scrubbing it away.

Still, kudos on DOTNOD. I remember TellTale once saying in an interview that a 'successful' branching decision is one where the difference in percentage is very close. This final choice was polarizing but both feel 'acceptable' within a morally grey area.
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Pokemon Black (DS) and The Longest Journey (PC)

User Info: Voragoras

Voragoras
4 years ago#4
Arcadia Bae: All Day, Every Day.
"actually its about ethics in video game journalism" - Hitler, probably.

User Info: leadintea

leadintea
4 years ago#5
Sacrifice Chloe. It felt much more complete than the other ending.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg3U29hYF6pKHtADkEWukYJ9rPyBMBze6
3DS FC: 4227-2780-9021 - FS: Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo

User Info: mitch102

mitch102
4 years ago#6
Bae over Bay
Cowboys & Mavs fan
http://i.imgur.com/aGaM4f1.jpg

User Info: dantares83

dantares83
4 years ago#7
i saved bae before bay first but it is actually not the right choice. the game has been telling you not to change time and change history.

Jedahpr
4 years ago#8
leadintea posted...
Sacrifice Chloe. It felt much more complete than the other ending.

I know that sacrificing Chloe is the moral "right" thing do, but still I don't even want to YouTube the ending where she dies. What good is a world / town for Max if her BFF is gone.

The entire game is based on their special friendship / bond together. I'm sure that most of us if given the chance to use Max powers for 1 time only to bring back someone special we've lost in real life in exchange of our hometowns, we would pick our loved ones over anything.
Memento Mori

User Info: Hidan213

Hidan213
4 years ago#9
I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. For that decision I had to look at it as Max - and no matter what the consequences, I couldn't imagine [my version of] sacrificing Chloe. That wasn't the only thing, it was also the fact that everyone else wasn't in front of her - making the decision that much easier. If you just say a town, that's a pretty big loss, but you don't see all the lives you're allowing to die. If Warren, Chloe's parents, etc, were all in front of her then it'd definitely be a much harder decision.

Finally, I also thought my Max would make that choice because she knows she's screwed up majorly. Sure she could wipe it all away and make a happy ending, but she can't rely on these powers to fix every mistake she makes as that's what got her here in the first place - she truly wouldn't have learned anything. By messing with the fabric of time and space she now has to live knowing that she has caused all this death and destruction as a punishment.

Jedahpr
4 years ago#10
Hidan213 posted...
I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. For that decision I had to look at it as Max - and no matter what the consequences, I couldn't imagine [my version of] sacrificing Chloe. That wasn't the only thing, it was also the fact that everyone else wasn't in front of her - making the decision that much easier. If you just say a town, that's a pretty big loss, but you don't see all the lives you're allowing to die. If Warren, Chloe's parents, etc, were all in front of her then it'd definitely be a much harder decision.

Same here. From my Max point of view, there wasn't anyone there for her really. Her parents are living in Seattle and from the school you can tell Max was kinda of an outsider / introvert. I kept Warren in the friend zone, and the other classmates sure you can make new friends with them, but none would replace the bond and friendship she had with Chloe.
Memento Mori
  1. Boards
  2. Life is Strange
  3. Your ending choice? *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers