• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. game breaking design choice in the first 30 so minutes

User Info: theimortal2

theimortal2
4 months ago#1
i really enjoyed resident evil 1 hd remake until about a half an hour or so into the game i reach a point where my inventory is full, i need a key item to continue, no item boxes to be found and no consumables. i looked everywhere. at that point it meant starting the game over again which i had no want to do so because it would just happen again. seems really horrible game design to allow that to happen so early.

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
4 months ago#2
There is absolutely no way to get stuck. There is always somewhere to deposit items. For the first part of the game there are usually multiple item boxes simultaneously available.

User Info: darkprince45

darkprince45
4 months ago#3
EgHeadFool posted...
There is absolutely no way to get stuck. There is always somewhere to deposit items. For the first part of the game there are usually multiple item boxes simultaneously available.
Cubs, Rockies, Patriots.

User Info: StucklnMyPants

StucklnMyPants
4 months ago#4
There's an item box on the west side of the first floor, and an item box on the east side of the first floor. You don't need a key to get to either.
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

User Info: Professor86

Professor86
4 months ago#5
theimortal2 posted...
i really enjoyed resident evil 1 hd remake until about a half an hour or so into the game i reach a point where my inventory is full, i need a key item to continue, no item boxes to be found and no consumables. i looked everywhere. at that point it meant starting the game over again which i had no want to do so because it would just happen again. seems really horrible game design to allow that to happen so early.

So you admit to being an idiot? Not only is it impossible to get stuck as others have pointed out, but you claim it would just happen again if you started over. Which means you wouldn't even learn from your mistakes and would pick up the same items instead of leaving room for that key item you need.

Troll harder.

User Info: Moopy

Moopy
4 months ago#6
Besides, once you know what to do, getting the first key is like a matter of 5 minutes, never conflate the time you spend wandering and searching around with the time it would actually take.

StucklnMyPants posted...
There's an item box on the west side of the first floor, and an item box on the east side of the first floor. You don't need a key to get to either.

You actually do need the key from the graveyard tomb to reach either of those in the Remake, but I can't see a situation where you could get stuck before. *Maybe* as Chris if you pick up the gun, ammo, ink ribbons, shotgun ammo from the graveyard and a herb before but all that would mean is you were forced to waste one of the consumables or ammo in which case you should restart anyway...because again, 5 minutes of progress, really.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 months ago#7

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
4 months ago#8
It's okay, he was here to be mad, not to be right.

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
2 months ago#9
Lol he ran off.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. game breaking design choice in the first 30 so minutes
  • Post New Message