• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. 10 playthroughs and 1 trophy left

User Info: Josh2000

Josh2000
5 months ago#1
I think 10 or so. I did speedrun, knife only, no save, every nook and cranny, all separately aside from the 4 playthroughs to unlock all costumes. I played all 4 regular difficulties on top of just finishing "Invisible Enemies" mode... Only leaves "Real Survival" mode for the platinum trophy.

And I'm having a difficult time mustering up the motivation for Real Survival. The manual aim and item box thing is fine. I plan on only using the safe room item box on the side of Yawn first encounter but oh man do I feel burnout. Assuming I finish, I don't think I'll be playing this again until the 40th anniversary. Anyone else play this an insanely amount of times to get the Platinum?
PSN ID: stretchh3o
My Gaming Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhX3txWWcshT4y3RruHkGA
(message deleted)

Josh2000
5 months ago#3
Well I pushed through it and I am now one of the proud 1.0% Platinum Trophy holders. Got the plats for 0, 5, 6, and 7 too. Haven't played REmake 2 yet.

User Info: TheGame32

TheGame32
5 months ago#4
Josh2000 posted...
Well I pushed through it and I am now one of the proud 1.0% Platinum Trophy holders. Got the plats for 0, 5, 6, and 7 too. Haven't played REmake 2 yet.

are you serious?!? wow... i am not easily impressed, but if you speak the truth on the plats, that is quite impressive. do you intend on getting platinum for 3 and 4 (assuming they have it)?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Orlando Magic

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
5 months ago#5
Congrats. I have plats in 0, 1, 4, and 5. Actually I don't remember if they gave 4 a plat but I'm assuming it has one? I have all the trophies at any rate.

Anyway 6 I could barely bring myself to finish at all and I skipped 7. REmake 2 is amazing but I just wasn't feeling the trophy grind. I kind of felt like once I beat all the modes and unlocked all the infinite weapons, I'd done all the game really had to offer. I used to be SUCH a completionist. I mean, I still am, but I guess these days I value my time a lot more due to so many other games to play and other things to do... so as soon as the extra content gets grindy to the point where I'm not feeling fun or challenged in an interesting way, I just stop.
(edited 5 months ago)

Josh2000
5 months ago#6
TheGame32 posted...
Josh2000 posted...

are you serious?!? wow... i am not easily impressed, but if you speak the truth on the plats, that is quite impressive. do you intend on getting platinum for 3 and 4 (assuming they have it)?

When I played 3 and 4 on PS3, RE3 didn't have trophies as it was a PS1 Classic and 4 had a very short trophy list with no platinum. I didn't bother with the bottle cap trophy in 4. If the PS4 versions have platinums, that's news to me. Idk if I'd buy them again seeing as I have them on PS3.

EgHeadFool posted...
Congrats. I have plats in 0, 1, 4, and 5. Actually I don't remember if they gave 4 a plat but I'm assuming it has one? I have all the trophies at any rate.

Anyway 6 I could barely bring myself to finish at all and I skipped 7. REmake 2 is amazing but I just wasn't feeling the trophy grind. I kind of felt like once I beat all the modes and unlocked all the infinite weapons, I'd done all the game really had to offer. I used to be SUCH a completionist. I mean, I still am, but I guess these days I value my time a lot more due to so many other games to play and other things to do... so as soon as the extra content gets grindy to the point where I'm not feeling fun or challenged in an interesting way, I just stop.

Thanks. I did the PS3 version of 6 and probably won't buy that again (also have it on PS3) on PS4 to do it twice. 7 wasn't that bad. If it wasn't for the trophies I probably wouldn't have played through this game that many times in a row, and I can't wait to get RE2 Remake but don't know when that will be.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: TheGame32

TheGame32
5 months ago#7
Josh2000 posted...
When I played 3 and 4 on PS3, RE3 didn't have trophies as it was a PS1 Classic and 4 had a very short trophy list with no platinum. I didn't bother with the bottle cap trophy in 4. If the PS4 versions have platinums, that's news to me. Idk if I'd buy them again seeing as I have them on PS3

either way, i am still impressed with your achievement, man!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Orlando Magic

User Info: ReunionMerc5

ReunionMerc5
4 months ago#8
Ive maxed out Remake, 0, CVX, 4, 5, 6, Rev2, 7 and Remake 2.
These are fully 100%'d.
With main game done(along with all dlc for each game that had them)

Now all I need is Rev1 compelted to finally come full circle. 😁

https://psnprofiles.com/Wild-Arms-Rudy
Total platinums:49PSN:Wild-Arms-Rudy
"Ah wise man's reach should always exceed his grasp."-Robert Browning.

User Info: dawkeye

dawkeye
4 months ago#9
I think I did it in four or five playthroughs: Jill good ending collect everything, Chris bad ending knife, Jill bad ending real survival, Chris good ending invisible enemies. Or something like that, certainly didn't play it through ten times, but I had played it a couple of times on gamecube
Once I'd done the first play I realised I could probably do the rest in a small number of plays since I wouldn't want to play the game ten times. I do love this game though, give it a few months before playing real survival if you aren't motivated for it right now.
I don't care when you are going to change your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. 10 playthroughs and 1 trophy left
  • Post New Message