• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. About the good ending (spoiler)

User Info: rito1995

rito1995
8 months ago#1
If u play as Chris, both Jill and Rebecca survive
If u play as Jill, Chris and Barry survive
But none of the endings has all 4 of them together on the helicopter, does that mean Barry dies in Jill’s scenario or Rebecca dies in Chris’s ?
Keep calm & wait for FF XV !!!
On second thought, it sucks

User Info: Moopy

Moopy
8 months ago#2
Technically you could argue that Barry just fought his way through the forest back to the city in Chris' campaign, but the real answer is tht no-one at Capcom thought about a sequel when they made the first RE and as a result there's just no canon ending.

I guess they could've fixed that in the REmake, but in the end they probably felt it was better to still differenciate the campaigns like that to increase replay value which was probably the right call.

Now answer me this much more important question! what happened to Chris' handgun?
(edited 8 months ago)

rito1995
8 months ago#3
Moopy posted...
Technically you could argue that Barry just fought his way through the forest back to the city in Chris' campaign, but the real answer is tht no-one at Capcom thought about a sequel when they made the first RE and as a result there's just no canon ending.

I guess they could've fixed that in the REmake, but in the end they probably felt it was better to still differenciate the campaigns like that to increase replay value which was probably the right call.

Now answer me this much more important question! what happened to Chris' handgun?

Lol i never actually get to play the game myself cause i suck at solving puzzles and dodging zombies

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
8 months ago#4
RE2 has the same issue where no one can agree on what is canon.

ClaireA/LeonB tbqh

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
7 months ago#5
Moopy posted...

He actually forgot to get it from one of the Item boxes in RPD and either Leon or Claire picked it up.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
7 months ago#6
@rito1995 you gotta give it a try!

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 months ago#7
yeah, ultimately, all 4 (well 5) survive canonically, so...who knows. Like 2 the official answer is that the canon ending is a mix of both good endings.

That said...HAVE we actually seen rebecca since this game? canon states she's alive, but i'm not sure she's actually been in anything after chronologically, other than mercs etc.
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 months ago#8
metaIslug posted...

ClaireA/LeonB tbqh

except Ada's death is pretty definitive in Leon B, in leon A she falls and probably uses the grappling hook she uses in later games to swing to safety. In Leon B Mr X hurls her into a console, smashing it, and her internal organs, into a fine paste.

Leon A should be canon.
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: lostn

lostn
4 months ago#9
singhellotaku posted...
yeah, ultimately, all 4 (well 5) survive canonically, so...who knows. Like 2 the official answer is that the canon ending is a mix of both good endings.

That said...HAVE we actually seen rebecca since this game? canon states she's alive, but i'm not sure she's actually been in anything after chronologically, other than mercs etc.

Rebecca is in the third RE CG movie, which is canon. It's the one with Chris and Leon. It's a pretty bad movie so I don't blame you for not having watched it.

rito1995
4 months ago#10
singhellotaku posted...
metaIslug posted...

ClaireA/LeonB tbqh

except Ada's death is pretty definitive in Leon B, in leon A she falls and probably uses the grappling hook she uses in later games to swing to safety. In Leon B Mr X hurls her into a console, smashing it, and her internal organs, into a fine paste.

Leon A should be canon.

Urghhh i thought she received the grappling hook after the fall, a.k.a The Umbrella Chronicles. Anyway no one knows exactly how she managed to survive falling from that height.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. About the good ending (spoiler)
  • Post New Message