• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. Do i SERIOUSLY have to restart my game? lol

User Info: tlcstormz

tlcstormz
5 years ago#1
I've bought every RE on a Sony system the day it came out since I was like 8 years old. Just wanted to put that disclaimer out there, before the legions come in with "LOLOLOL NUUB!!!!1!"

Anyways, I finally ordered the Special Edition version from PlayAsia, pooped it in my PS3, played for a few hours, but.....I think I've messed myself up and need to restart.

My inventory is COMPLETELY full and I either have to empty 2 clips of Chris's into thin air (since I've already kniffed all of the zombies that I could find", let one of the dogs in and attempt to empty the clips into them, or reset the entire game and lose the last 4 hours of my life.

I think I remember something like "do not take the shield from over the fireplace or take the blue gem from the fallen statue," but I couldn't remember which one NOT to do, so I did BOTH, instead. lol. I grabbed the Ink Ribbon thinking it would only be one and of course it was 3. Plus his knife, gun, and the 2 magazines.

WHERE ON EARTH IS THE FREAKING STORAGE BOX????? I could have sworn that was accessible, very early on. I need to be able to get rid of something! I can't eat and herb, I can't take the arrowhead, and I can't take the key from the shield torture chamber looking room.

*sigh

Please help.
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14

User Info: Spoofer

Spoofer
5 years ago#2
Put the Emblem back over the fireplace, grab the Golden Arrow from the 2F corridor with the mirrors and two zombies, examine it to get the Arrowhead, then place that in the tomb in the cemetery. From there you'll get the Sword Key and should eventually find some storage boxes.

If this is your first time playing the game (or if you haven't played it in a while), you might want to switch to Jill. She has 8 inventory slots (which sounds like something that you'd appreciate), and a bunch of other stuff going for her that makes her game a bit easier. Truthfully, you could redo everything you've done so far in about 5 minutes. I'm a little surprised you said you've been playing for 4 hours so far (then again, I like to take my time and soak in the atmosphere as well, so I'm not one to talk).
See Brock acquire.
Acquire, Brock! Acquire!

User Info: tlcstormz

tlcstormz
5 years ago#3
Nah, I don't need to "appreciate Jill's easier game."

I just needed to remember how non-lenient this game was / is.

But, thanks for trying to help, I guess. When all of my exploring was done, I ended up starting from scratch.
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14

User Info: dxm8975

dxm8975
5 years ago#4
You don't need to get the shield emblem from the fireplace on the first floor of the dining room and put it back if you had already grabbed that. for reference : it's pointless to grab the emblem since you can't enter the barroom until you acquire the armor key on the third floor of the mansion, and especially if you're playing with Chris you can't make the "secret room" appear unless you let Rebecca practice the "Moon light sonata" tune on the piano.

If you're having problems with what to pick up you can also give a try with Jill who can carry 8 items in her inventory, but it doesn't really mean the game gets easier as long as you're at a loss to figure out which item is important or not.
My RE4 records - Separate Ways TA : 00:31'09
Mercenaries(PS3,2) Village : 201400 / 187800 Castle : 300970 / 289970 Base : 186300 / 163600 WW : 177700 / 165800
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  3. Do i SERIOUSLY have to restart my game? lol
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A