• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon All-Star Rumble
  3. Favorite Digimon Season?

User Info: itachi134

itachi134
4 years ago#1
Which season was the best? - Results (168 votes)
Digimon Adventure
45.24% (76 votes)
Zero Two
6.55% (11 votes)
Tamers
30.36% (51 votes)
Frontier
9.52% (16 votes)
Data Squad
5.95% (10 votes)
Xros Wars
2.38% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm a purist so Season 1 and 2 are my favorite. Between Season 1 and 2, I think Season 1 just barely beats out Season 2 because Piedmon was the best villain out of all the seasons. Season 2 was also way too slow to start getting good, but once it finally did it was freaking awesome!

Tamers potentially could have been the best season out of all, but the final fight with the D-reaper really sucked. Any Season after Tamers was complete garbage.
If you're scared to die, then you're scared to live

User Info: ShatteredRift

ShatteredRift
4 years ago#2
Adventure will always be my favorite, somehow being so good that I decided to write a fanfic about it a nearly a decade after first watching it.

Zero Two was all kinds of messy. No resolution to the Dagomon thread, Daemon being thrown in haphazardly, lots of things just not making sense and never being explained, etc. It was nice to see the Adventure chosen children again, and the Armor and Jogress evolutions were cool, but the plot was just... odd is the most polite way to put it.

Tamers was all kinds of amazing. As far as sheer quality goes, I have to give it points above Adventure (even if my personal bias doesn't lean that way). It had better characterization, better fight scenes, and it had all of the fanservice and soul.

Frontier had the best characterization in the series as well as the most cohesive overall plot. Anyone who dismisses it for the Spirit evolutions is doing it a disservice.

Savers was excellent, though it suffered from the same abrupt plot shifts as the rest of the series. I've had a lot of friends place it above Tamers when they rank the series. The dub was also surprisingly decent, Citramon aside.

I haven't watched Xros Wars yet.
It's time for a treasure hunt. Sparkbomb.com

User Info: KamenRiderShin

KamenRiderShin
4 years ago#3
I'll do you one even better, I'll rank all the digimon not just the anime

Favorite. Savers

Best. X-Evolution
2. V-Tamers
3. Tamers
4. Xros Wars manga
5. Adventure
6. Next
7/8. Xros Wars = Frontier

Garbage. Adventure 02
Xros Hunters

D-Cyber is much too short to rank

User Info: Natheos

Natheos
4 years ago#4
Digimon Adventure still remains my favorite.

User Info: Street_Overlord

Street_Overlord
4 years ago#5
I grew up watching Digimon on Fox Kids, so I didn't see any season after Tamers (this was where Fox stopped showing it)

I voted for Digimon Adventure. I think what made Adventure the best was definitely the cast. Tai, Matt, Izzy and Sora were all awesome, and Joe and Mimi had some really funny moments. I also liked the hype and buildup to Kari being the 8th child. TK was the only one who I didn't particularly like, but he got a lot better in Zero Two. Aside from that, Adventure also definitely had the best villains by far. Myotismon and the Dark Masters were all great. My favorite part was when they all went back to the real world and Myotismon was wreaking havoc there and locked everyone up at the convention center. That arc had the best plot and character developments out of any Digimon season.

As for Zero Two, I agree that it takes too long to get going. I wasn't really enjoying it until Black Wargreymon showed up, which is over 2/3 of the way through. I will say though, Imperialdramon was the coolest Digimon ever! The intro song for season 2 in Japanese was also really catchy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmV7TNhKFY

Tamers was the last season I watched, but I didn't like how they used cards to power up the Digimon. But I will admit that Biomerging was definitely the best digivolution they had on the series. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tak5XoMPPA8

So there you go. Each season had something I liked more than the other seasons, so its a pretty fair race between them. Adventure wins out because it was just the most solid overall and had the best plot and characters.

User Info: Aysander

Aysander
4 years ago#6
ShatteredRift posted...
Adventure will always be my favorite, somehow being so good that I decided to write a fanfic about it a nearly a decade after first watching it.

Zero Two was all kinds of messy. No resolution to the Dagomon thread, Daemon being thrown in haphazardly, lots of things just not making sense and never being explained, etc. It was nice to see the Adventure chosen children again, and the Armor and Jogress evolutions were cool, but the plot was just... odd is the most polite way to put it.

Tamers was all kinds of amazing. As far as sheer quality goes, I have to give it points above Adventure (even if my personal bias doesn't lean that way). It had better characterization, better fight scenes, and it had all of the fanservice and soul.

Frontier had the best characterization in the series as well as the most cohesive overall plot. Anyone who dismisses it for the Spirit evolutions is doing it a disservice.

Savers was excellent, though it suffered from the same abrupt plot shifts as the rest of the series. I've had a lot of friends place it above Tamers when they rank the series. The dub was also surprisingly decent, Citramon aside.

I haven't watched Xros Wars yet.

Interesting fact about the bolded; they had multiple writers on board during 02 apparently. the Dark Ocean plot ended up lost because that guy got canned, Daemon getting thrown in was from one of the writer's who subplot was originally rejected, and SOMEHOW they got lucky and managed to make the Destiny Stone plot work out.

TBH, I don't have a specific favorite season though. The only one that irritates me sometimes is Frontiers, but it irritated me much less when I stopped trying to watch it as a Digimon series and more as a Sentai series. Don't dislike it by any means, but it definitely took some getting used to the Spirit Evolution thing.

Savers is actually more coherent than some people give it credit for though, imo. However it is clear that it was originally meant to be half episodic, half with an underlying but simple plot. What made them decide to complicate it is beyond me, but it didn't ruin the series either. XD
Okay, we got the Neptune Action Game, NOW I'm not changing this specific part of my signature until we get a Tales of Legendia R in English.

User Info: ShatteredRift

ShatteredRift
4 years ago#7
Aysander posted...
ShatteredRift posted...
Zero Two was all kinds of messy. No resolution to the Dagomon thread, Daemon being thrown in haphazardly, lots of things just not making sense and never being explained, etc. It was nice to see the Adventure chosen children again, and the Armor and Jogress evolutions were cool, but the plot was just... odd is the most polite way to put it

Interesting fact about the bolded; they had multiple writers on board during 02 apparently. the Dark Ocean plot ended up lost because that guy got canned, Daemon getting thrown in was from one of the writer's who subplot was originally rejected, and SOMEHOW they got lucky and managed to make the Destiny Stone plot work out.

TBH, I don't have a specific favorite season though. The only one that irritates me sometimes is Frontiers, but it irritated me much less when I stopped trying to watch it as a Digimon series and more as a Sentai series. Don't dislike it by any means, but it definitely took some getting used to the Spirit Evolution thing.

Savers is actually more coherent than some people give it credit for though, imo. However it is clear that it was originally meant to be half episodic, half with an underlying but simple plot. What made them decide to complicate it is beyond me, but it didn't ruin the series either. XD

If I recall correctly, Chiaki J. Konaka was responsible for the discarded Dagomon arc. (He was the head writer for Tamers.) I want to say that the Daemon plot also originated with him (or at least Daemon's design, because he has an Elder Sign on his shoulder), but I could be mistaken about that.

The main thing I'm referring to with Savers is the shift from Belphemon's defeat to the Royal Knights arc. But the Digimon series has rarely done a good job of shifting from one arc to another (outside of Frontier).
It's time for a treasure hunt. Sparkbomb.com

User Info: weiyuezz

weiyuezz
4 years ago#8
to be honest, I also like season 1 and 2 because I grew up in those years. It remains me a lot of happy and unhappy events. So, season 1 and 2 got me the most vote

User Info: KamenRiderShin

KamenRiderShin
4 years ago#9
weiyuezz posted...
to be honest, I also like season 1 and 2 because I grew up in those years. It remains me a lot of happy and unhappy events. So, season 1 and 2 got me the most vote

I'm sorry, I find this to be one of the stupidest reasons to say a show from your childhood to be good. It doesn't say anything about the quality

Thankfully I got rid of my nostalgia long ago

User Info: liamx2000

liamx2000
4 years ago#10
KamenRiderShin posted...
weiyuezz posted...

I'm sorry, I find this to be one of the stupidest reasons to say a show from your childhood to be good. It doesn't say anything about the quality

Thankfully I got rid of my nostalgia long ago

good for you ( pats on back) ...............................................................
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon All-Star Rumble
  3. Favorite Digimon Season?
  • Topic Archived