• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Dwarf GWF Help
50percentGray 2 years ago#1
I've played Neverwinter on the XBox One for the past 3 weeks once I learned it was free to play and because it's so boring running the Greater Rift on Diablo 3 Eternal Collection over and over.

I used to play Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance (first and sequel) on PS2 years ago, so I'm not a complete stranger to Action RPG's based on Dungeons and Dragons. That being disclosed, I'm enjoying this for the familiar novelty as well as the extended lore put into it. However, I'm having doubts with the current character I'm playing: you guessed it, a Dwarf Great Weapon Fighter I named "Kreosote".

I later learned that Half-Orcs and Dragonborns are a much more suiting choice in terms of DPS, but I just felt that a Dwarf was more fun, as well as more practical to play as a GWF because of their supposed natural resilience.

So I played through most of the game so far and "Kreosote" is at level 70. I'm currently playing through the Underdark/Maze Engine and Dread Ring campaigns, slowly earning the boons contained.

I've prioritized Armor Penetration and Crit Chance for offense and Max HP, Defense, and a Healer Companion to stay alive.

Just recently, I earned enough Seals of the Brave to get a complete Primal Armor Set for "Kreosote" and bought the Wootz Matraqa and Pina Halat from the auction. Both the weapon and knot are currently at the Rare blue quality and are constantly being refined as I go along gaining refinement points.

My main concern at this point is the powers and feats.

I use the following Powers:

At-Will: Sure Strike, Wicked Strike (for single targets and group clearing, respectively)

Encounter: Indomitable Battle Strike, Come and Get It, Battle Fury (the latter for party support)

Class Feature: Destroyer, Warrior's Courage

Daily: Slam, Indomitable Strength (the latter I feel looks satisfying, but I have doubts as to how it compares with Crescendo's supposed higher damage)

For the Feats, I chose the "Iron Vanguard" paragon, which I later learned doesn't give you access to the more damaging Daily skill Crescendo, and yet I invested in the Destroyer feat tree and took advantage of the damage procs it gives to Indomitable Battle Strike, Sure Strike, and Determination.

I have one retraining token for the feats, so should I spend it and choose better ones?
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Dwarf GWF Help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A