• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Need some help
RealmIyce 3 years ago#1
So I'm trying to take a break from the mindless matches of Overwatch and get back into an MMO. I'm looking for charity here, no B.S. I don't have a lot of hours to sink in so to help get adjusted I'm looking for a free decent companion (one that can reach a decent level). Anything else I could need I don't need yet because I'm barely approaching level 10 (wizard) but I feel a solid companion will put me ahead, as apposed to the basic low level ones you can pick from.

Realm24 is the Xbox tag, help or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Peace.
I've been around for a long time. Really miss some of the old PS2 boards.
darkknight338 3 years ago#2
Unfortunately if you don’t have the time then it is better to just quit now. This game is a grind fest. Also, if you did not use a guide prior to starting then you already at a disadvantage already.

I would recommend that you look in the action house for companions. Some of the Rare (blue quality) start at 1,400 diamonds. Though I would highly recommend having the Apprentice Healer (Commond quality, costs 100 diamonds) which really helped me keep those health potion costs down. You need to be level 12+ to run the daily random queues which earns you 9k rough diamonds for the first time and 1.1k repeat bonus.

If you do the SSgt Knox quests at some point he does give you a quest where you can get a free common companion.

Also right now if you go to the Microsoft Store and search for “Ravenloft Xbox Promo” you get 30 days of the VIP service, bag of holding (extra storage), 200 ZEN (premium in-game currency), and two pieces of equipment.
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC
RealmIyce 3 years ago#3
darkknight338 posted...
Unfortunately if you don’t have the time then it is better to just quit now. This game is a grind fest. Also, if you did not use a guide prior to starting then you already at a disadvantage already.

I would recommend that you look in the action house for companions. Some of the Rare (blue quality) start at 1,400 diamonds. Though I would highly recommend having the Apprentice Healer (Commond quality, costs 100 diamonds) which really helped me keep those health potion costs down. You need to be level 12+ to run the daily random queues which earns you 9k rough diamonds for the first time and 1.1k repeat bonus.

If you do the SSgt Knox quests at some point he does give you a quest where you can get a free common companion.

Also right now if you go to the Microsoft Store and search for “Ravenloft Xbox Promo” you get 30 days of the VIP service, bag of holding (extra storage), 200 ZEN (premium in-game currency), and two pieces of equipment.

That free promo thing was awesome, thanks for that tip. I have no clue what vip does but it sounds cool. It's installing now.
RealmIyce 3 years ago#4
Update...the promo didn't give me any vip I can see...in game it still wants me to buy it. It also didn't give me a bag. It gave me a chest with lvl 70 epic boots, but nothing the actual promo description said...strange.
darkknight338 3 years ago#5
RealmIyce posted...
Update...the promo didn't give me any vip I can see...in game it still wants me to buy it. It also didn't give me a bag. It gave me a chest with lvl 70 epic boots, but nothing the actual promo description said...strange.

That is strange. Look at the YouTube video below as it shows how to claim promo items.

https://youtu.be/0ymo751o9ts
RealmIyce 3 years ago#6
darkknight338 posted...
RealmIyce posted...

That is strange. Look at the YouTube video below as it shows how to claim promo items.

https://youtu.be/0ymo751o9ts

Yeah I did it right. I dunno what happened. It gave me lvl 70 purple boots, some enchantments, etc...just some odds and ends. Nothing that was supposed to be there. I dunno if it's even worth contacting them for.
darkknight338 3 years ago#7
The game should have giving you a coupon on your inventory to get one month of vip. For you it provides you with 10% xp boost and 15% more rough diamonds from the dailies.

The most important part is the one enchanted key per day you get while being vip. The enchanted key is used to open a lockbox. A lockbox has many items that you can sell in the auction house for diamons.

I would contact support about it. After all why would you leave a $20 in value of free stuff unclaimed.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Need some help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A