• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
3 years ago#1
I have actually really been enjoying this game, the career is surprisingly deep for a racing game

User Info: PsychoD_Boy

PsychoD_Boy
3 years ago#2
The career is the same set up as this devs other racing games if you're interested. Both MotoGP and WRC have the same layout (your office) and progression from low tier to signing for a better pro team.

I imported the vita version before it released in the US and loved it but my vita died not to long ago so I'm glad its on sale so I can replace it.
Uh...did anybody else notice that the actor that plays Harrison Wells is the same guy that played JD's annoying older brother on Scrubs?

jayj350
3 years ago#3
Yeah, I had one of the earlier games from this dev on my PC that I got on a Steam sale a long time ago. Never been too big on the MotoGP games but I have honestly been having so much fun playing this game that I might just check them out. The WRC games always seemed interesting to me, they're the type of racing games I used to see over in europe that I always wanted to play out here.

I'm a big fan of the racing genre and this is just a great execution of how to go about a career in it IMO. It's a lot more engaging and motivating than the Gran Turismo/Forza way of just having you pick out a random racing series and jump between classes.

Working my way up and trying to master my control over my bike has been a blast, and I love the way they featured racing teams that you need to sign with, really gets you to get into your role and get comfortable with a bike. I always see people ranting and raving about the latest action/RPG title and such but it seems to be these kind of racing games that I have with most fun with.

PsychoD_Boy
3 years ago#4
Btw I think its just WRC 1-4 made by the same dev. I'm not sure what the new game is like. And I'm not really a racing fan (games or tv) but the WRC games and rally racing in general has always grabbed my attention.

Also I think the same dev makes the F1 games or at least used to. I think I played F1 2013 and it has the same career set up.
Uh...did anybody else notice that the actor that plays Harrison Wells is the same guy that played JD's annoying older brother on Scrubs?

jayj350
3 years ago#5
I feel like the F1 games are where I draw the line, I mean I think F1 is pretty cool and all and the cars sure are fast but playing the F1 games just never felt that fun to me, I think it's because they just took the sport so seriously they kind of sucked out most of the fun out of what I typically enjoy in a driving game. I mean I am all for realism but apparently I have my limits. It sort of reminds me of the way baseball games can get boring/frustrating when they get "too real" in my opinion, if that makes any sense.

I think Codemasters racing games used to have the same setup, I remember the old "Race Car Driver" games or whatever they called them having some sort of progressive career setup, don't know if they kept that though since I remember the Grid games feeling a lot different.

PsychoD_Boy
3 years ago#6
Yeah the F1 games were a bit meh. I think I played 1 race in my career that was 70 something laps just to get the full Formula 1 feel and that feeling was drowsy. lol I'll stick to WRC for my car racing games.

Btw if you haven't played in 1st person yet do yourself a favor and try it out. The game feels so much better.
Welcome. You will experience a tingling sensation and then death.

User Info: erichw23

erichw23
3 years ago#7
Yea loved motogp on the vita was happy to see this was the same dev lots of fun , good time investment and an easy plat.
  • Topic Archived