• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. So I picked up Kunimitsu last week (BlogFAQs)

User Info: MmickeysS

MmickeysS
1 month ago#1
I know this board is passionate about the character in one way or another so I'd really like to say this since I've never really spoken about her before.

Man, I really really love her T7 iteration.

Before I played her I was on the side of "dang, it's quite a shame that they turned yet another serious fighter into a cartoon" but after playing her, customizing her and listening to her new voice over and over...

First of all her gameplay is so perfect. They really did wonders on her from tag 2 where I couldn't click with her at all. Now I can't get enough of her. It's absolutely perfect! What a ridiculously demanding character, one would think she's EZ PZ but she's really not. Not if you wanna win. And she moves like a dream.

Her appearance is so appealing to me. I look at her and immediately feel something. Like she's been given so much life and personality. She just draws me in. Her face is gorgeous, her demeanor is child-like but she knows she's a bad b**** and I love that! Her customs are all so wonderful too.

Lastly her voice. Her voice is music to my ears. I never want to skip her lines, they are all done so well.

The weird thing is that I didn't realize all if this until I actually picked up the character for myself. It was hard at first but once I got through the technicalities, it was a match made in heaven.

I'm so happy with her I just had to share it with someone.
Sugoi SUGOI**
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmi8rKqUkAImP-n.jpg

User Info: MeteorStone

MeteorStone
1 month ago#2
Well she’s certainly easier and more explosive in this iteration. TAG 2 she had some trouble areas that required more effort.

Now she has the warp strike and a couple of abusable strings to troll the opponent with, among other things. So she’s definitely a smoother car to drive than her predecessor in TAG2.

User Info: Sephiroth360

Sephiroth360
1 month ago#3
It’s great that she caught your attention. It’s awesome that T7 Kuni has been really successful. It’s a relief that Kunimitsu has a future and won’t be a Tag exclusive character anymore.

Every FG dev should take notes from this on how you can save a character from obscurity.

Sephiroth360
1 month ago#4
https://youtu.be/kUF515uf_xc
https://youtu.be/v7vj8Uavt-Y
It really hows that your opinion of a Tekken character can completely change once you actually use hem. I thought Alisa was an abomination...until I used her. I never imagined how fun she would be.

She was surprisingly very addictive to play with her chainsaws and flying mechanics, just watch some of my gameplay vids of her. Even her voice started to grow on me especially when I found out she was voiced by a famous voice actor in Japan, Yuki Matsuoka(who voiced Orihime from Bleach).
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MmickeysS

MmickeysS
1 month ago#5
MeteorStone posted...
Well she’s certainly easier and more explosive in this iteration. TAG 2 she had some trouble areas that required more effort.

Now she has the warp strike and a couple of abusable strings to troll the opponent with, among other things. So she’s definitely a smoother car to drive than her predecessor in TAG2.
She was woefully week in that game and terribly one dimensional imo. Now they have given her so many options, so many ways to play her and really express yourself. And her Oki 🙆💕 even though her lows are mediocre she can lean hard on her other strengths to compensate and I love that sort of game design. Ff4,2 is the most satisfying punish I have ever landed next to Ganryu's f+1+2

Sephiroth360 posted...
https://youtu.be/kUF515uf_xc
https://youtu.be/v7vj8Uavt-Y
It really hows that your opinion of a Tekken character can completely change once you actually use hem. I thought Alisa was an abomination...until I used her. I never imagined how fun she would be.

She was surprisingly very addictive to play with her chainsaws and flying mechanics, just watch some of my gameplay vids of her. Even her voice started to grow on me especially when I found out she was voiced by a famous voice actor in Japan, Yuki Matsuoka(who voiced Orihime from Bleach).

Haha it was actually the exact same thing for me in tekken 6. I just looked at her and I thought she looked so stupid with her raggedy clothes and funky hair. But then I played her and she's been one of my mains since. She's dripping with character that you only get to really embrace through using her. And like you said her gameplay can be quite addictive!

Maybe we're just weebs low key 👀
Sugoi SUGOI**
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmi8rKqUkAImP-n.jpg

User Info: KungGuld

KungGuld
1 month ago#6
MmickeysS posted...
Maybe we're just weebs low key 👀

Low key? This is the highest tier of weebiness.

Sephiroth360
1 month ago#7
KungGuld posted...
Low key? This is the highest tier of weebiness.
Is that a bad thing? Besides, aren’t you a weeb since your a Naruto fan?

KungGuld
1 month ago#8
Sephiroth360 posted...
Is that a bad thing?

That part of our culture works against my interests.

Sephiroth360 posted...
aren’t you a weeb since your a Naruto fan?

No.

Sephiroth360
1 month ago#9
KungGuld posted...
That part of our culture works against my interests.
What do you mean by that?

KungGuld posted...
No
So you aren’t a Naruto fan? What defines a weeb to you?

KungGuld
1 month ago#10
Sephiroth360 posted...
What do you mean by that?

Things I love run a risk of becoming weebified and destroyed. I don't like that.

Sephiroth360 posted...
So you aren’t a Naruto fan? What defines a weeb to you?

Sure I am.
A weeb to me is someone who has embraced every aspect of anime. Someone who is defined by it and blindly follows its every whim, from a certain varying degree of course.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. So I picked up Kunimitsu last week (BlogFAQs)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A