• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. And just like that, I'm dropping Armor King.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 week ago#1
I like the character but when it comes time to execute I just can't perform. The Mishima style just doesn't work for me on stick, and though easier on pad it's still a bit frustrating.

Probably just gonna try out Paul, Lili, and/or Leo. Maybe Julia as well when she comes out.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Nash | SC6: Cervantes, Groh | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi

User Info: inchun

inchun
1 week ago#2
Isn't stick supposed to be the main platform for Mishima play? I'm a pad player myself, but I always found it easier to execute EWGF on stick than on pad. Especially PEWGF. I can barely get PEWGF, but on stick I get it consistently. How is Armour King btw? I just moved so I have no internet, so no updates... :( My phone is literally my only source of the interwebs...

User Info: MmickeysS

MmickeysS
1 week ago#3
Paul does have some execution to him if you want to play him on a decent level.
Sugoi SUGOI**
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmi8rKqUkAImP-n.jpg

User Info: LordRaptor

LordRaptor
1 week ago#4
Paul should be easy to pick up.

User Info: Heranerdy

Heranerdy
1 week ago#5
Paul’s execution is only for demo man (which requires timing, basically needed because it’s one of his best lows) and qcf/qcb inputs (deathfist mainly). Other than that, he’s pretty reliant on fundamentals, because his moves are “honest” in the sense that he has barely any crushing properties.

User Info: KSA_ZACK

KSA_ZACK
1 week ago#6
Heranerdy posted...
Paul’s execution is only for demo man (which requires timing)

Not anymore; you can basically mash 1+2 and get the normal extension now (no blue sparks).

Heranerdy posted...
Other than that, he’s pretty reliant on fundamentals, because his moves are “honest” in the sense that he has barely any crushing properties.

Paul is notorious for crushing highs with his df+2, which is a safe mid 15f launcher.

He can also crush highs with his 12f shoulder tackle, which is deadly near a wall and gives him mental frame advantage, even though it's launch punishable on block.
"It was not by my hand that I'm once again given flesh, I was called here by
HUMANS who wish to pay ME tribute" -Dracula, Symphony of the Night

User Info: Menace2Society

Menace2Society
1 week ago#7
one less bandwagon hopping AK player to worry about being matched up with

User Info: TheBrain93

TheBrain93
1 week ago#8
Didn't demo man get made much easier in execution for T7?

User Info: RoyMustang1990

RoyMustang1990
1 week ago#9
ok grandpa
My waifu is Riza Hawkeye. " I'm going to close my account.you win roymustang1990" - tappor

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
1 week ago#10
Lol I'm using armor king on pad and I was thinking stick users had an easier time with him, but yeah he's not too bad on pad.
fallout3/nv remaster 64 bit pls
T7:Steve Fox, Armor King Sfv:Akuma, Nash Dbfz:Cell/Zamasu/SSJ Goku, Hit/A.Gohan/Tien
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. And just like that, I'm dropping Armor King.
  • Topic Archived