What bad habits you find yourself doing that cost you the match?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. What bad habits you find yourself doing that cost you the match?

User Info: Dark Blade 13

Dark Blade 13
1 week ago#1
Topic

For me, whenever somebody use an unblockable attack on me, I just stood there like a deer staring at headlights getting hit. I really don't know why I can't react properly against it

JUS FC: 2921-4559-2925 DS Name: moosequito
(>")>==============)

User Info: haimara

haimara
1 week ago#2
Worst is probably having my preferred path to victory just get stuck in my head. ie "if i hit X move I can win" then get stuffed. "but it'll work this time!!!" get stuffed again.

User Info: Fire_81

Fire_81
1 week ago#3
Vsing king users, I forget to just remove them so they can't spam me
PSN Fire_Girl81

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
1 week ago#4
Just being predictable. Also going low when I probably shouldn't.
atpRtsd
LOOK HERE, LOOK LISTEN!
A bad habit for me is not knowing what moves to use at the wall.
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality!"
Ranked #1(US) on Fighting Ex Layer board!

User Info: Fusion99

Fusion99
1 week ago#6
Not blocking lows when I know they are probably coming.

User Info: Fear-My-Wrath

Fear-My-Wrath
1 week ago#7
Constantly kipping up after getting knocked down. 8/10 times it gives my opponent a free combo.

User Info: Reed_Black

Reed_Black
1 week ago#8
Slow reactions to lows, if that counts as a "habit".
Throwing rage arts and drives at random at times.
Being constantly on the defence when low on health and/or against a wall
Having no sodding idea how to properly deal with Eddy (I like the guy as a character, but screw this matchup!)
etc.

Dark Blade 13 posted...
For me, whenever somebody use an unblockable attack on me, I just stood there like a deer staring at headlights getting hit. I really don't know why I can't react properly against it

Very common among beginner and novice players (as was with yours truly). And it's natural, I believe. If someone suddenly runs towards you recklessly to spear tackle you while screaming at the top of his lungs, it's very possible you'll be frozen for a a few seconds or try to veer left or right in confusion.

The solution depends on the situation. If you're standing already when they start charging, it might be better to do a few quick back dashes or sidewalk and have them whiff. If you're too close however, you might need to hit them with your fastest attack and punish if possible. If you were on the ground and are just getting up as they charge it, it gets more complicated. Actually, if they're good enough, they might time it so perfectly as you're getting up that you just can't do anything about it. So you might want to weigh your wake-up options and timing.

haimara posted...
Worst is probably having my preferred path to victory just get stuck in my head. ie "if i hit X move I can win" then get stuffed. "but it'll work this time!!!" get stuffed again.

Happens to me until now, too. Sometimes I get into the habit of starting each round with the same move. Then I notice and mix things up, only to do it again with another move later. I think you just have to be aware of your bad habits and gradually try to let go of them.

User Info: Alchemiist

Alchemiist
1 week ago#9
Dark Blade 13 posted...
Topic

Same here. King's high jump always f***s me up, although I know how to deal with it. My friend constantly uses it against me because he knows I'll freeze.

Fear-My-Wrath posted...
Constantly kipping up after getting knocked down. 8/10 times it gives my opponent a free combo.

Also this.

And getting angry. 😅
PSN: JaegerClap

User Info: Hunting_Swan

Hunting_Swan
1 week ago#10
- Trying to backroll float catch in a game I still somehow haven't managed to remember it isn't possible in yet.

- going for glory with an iws+1 juggle on a not great connection.

- being baited into grab wars with King players. And it only ever happens with King players 😒

- forgetting f,f+3 isn't actually safe on block and getting trigger happy with it.

- forgetting to account for a panic RA. Especially if the person I'm fighting hasn't tried a panic RA at any point so far.

-Remembering Anna's FC U/F+4 exists mid match, immediately being filled with determination to land it at least once, only to soar inneffectively over the opponents head and get murdered.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. What bad habits you find yourself doing that cost you the match?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.