What's with JDCR playing so much SFV recently?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. What's with JDCR playing so much SFV recently?

User Info: RetroGamer9

RetroGamer9
4 months ago#11
PotatoAsh posted...
different_level posted...
RetroGamer9 posted...
Because Capcom keeps adding content to SFV to keep the game fresh and are also releasing a complete classic collection very soon while Harada is adding notcis and literally nothing else.

I think after all the updates their roster is still smaller than T7's initial one. And mind you SFV has been out for 2 years now. They're keeping it "fresh" quite simply because they started with 16 playable characters, survival mode and online.

Their roster may be smaller but they actually listen to requests and add classic characters people ask for.

This.
I would have rather started out with lower roster of characters that don’t suck instead of being flooded with garbage newcomers and filler spaces like Kuma AND panda

User Info: BroIy

BroIy
4 months ago#12
Honestly, SFV: AE > T7

User Info: PotatoAsh

PotatoAsh
4 months ago#13
RetroGamer9 posted...
PotatoAsh posted...
RetroGamer9 posted...
Because Capcom keeps adding content to SFV to keep the game fresh and are also releasing a complete classic collection very soon while Harada is adding notcis and literally nothing else.

I think after all the updates their roster is still smaller than T7's initial one. And mind you SFV has been out for 2 years now. They're keeping it "fresh" quite simply because they started with 16 playable characters, survival mode and online.

Their roster may be smaller but they actually listen to requests and add classic characters people ask for.

This.
I would have rather started out with lower roster of characters that don’t suck instead of being flooded with garbage newcomers and filler spaces like Kuma AND panda

Same, I don't like\don't care for 80% of the T7 roster. Can't say the same about any other Tekken (other than T4 which has a similar selection of characters only much fewer).
PSN: PotatoAsh (of course!)

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
4 months ago#14
Don't you know the routine? Tekken - > Street Fighter - > retirement

Dude is winding down his career
Even angels cast shadows
(message deleted)

User Info: RetroGamer9

RetroGamer9
4 months ago#16
PotatoAsh posted...
Same, I don't like\don't care for 80% of the T7 roster. Can't say the same about any other Tekken (other than T4 which has a similar selection of characters only much fewer).

Oh, 80% is a bit much I think. There are a lot of good characters in T7, but so many waste of spaces too. Pretty much all new characters/guests suck and many great classics are now absent.

I’d say half the roster is fine but the other 50% is bad.

User Info: PotatoAsh

PotatoAsh
4 months ago#17
RetroGamer9 posted...
PotatoAsh posted...

Oh, 80% is a bit much I think. There are a lot of good characters in T7, but so many waste of spaces too. Pretty much all new characters/guests suck and many great classics are now absent.

I’d say half the roster is fine but the other 50% is bad.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I'll go over the characters cause now I'm curious what's the actual numbers...

Characters I actually like: 3
Characters I'm fine with: 13
Characters I don't care about: 17
Characters I dislike: 2
Characters I absolutely hate: 3

So yeah, not 80% but at this point I don't care about/dislike/hate 21 characters out of 38, it's not great...
PSN: PotatoAsh (of course!)

User Info: shuma

shuma
4 months ago#18
Because he likes other games besides tekken?

NO WAY

User Info: DayFul1

DayFul1
4 months ago#19
T7's tournament scene is really meh compared to SFV, More money more well known players and much more competitive and harder for one person to dominate like he did in T7. For Korea and Japan T7 has been around a few years it's not fresh for them like it is to the west and the console release was a big disappointment and post launch content has been pathetic so far.

User Info: different_level

different_level
4 months ago#20
RetroGamer9 posted...
PotatoAsh posted...
RetroGamer9 posted...

This.

Thing is I've seen the SF fans complain on their board so much about the lacklustre roster. Also they're not particularly thrilled with the newcomers and they are still missing a lot of the series classic characters. Just a matter of perspective, really. Truth is T7's lacking just a few classic characters and unless you main them it shouldn't be a big deal for you. I think TTT2 has spoiled the Tekken fanbase. I mean if you sincerely believed characters like Jun or Kunimitsu are going to return for T7 you're delusional.
Would you kindly?
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. What's with JDCR playing so much SFV recently?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived