We should make it a rule where lower rank people can't insult you.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. We should make it a rule where lower rank people can't insult you.

User Info: DaKila

DaKila
4 months ago#101
animefan9 posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
DaKila posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
TheBatman91 posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
I'm an Overlord with Jin. Do I also win?

No because you're still below me so fall in line.

Aww ok... :(

I'm still higher than CheeseChao though

@SnakeFang2
@Dread_Breaker44

How good are the green ranks in T7 btw?

They're not that great. They know combos, but that's about it. Yellow is where you start to find decent fighters.

What....

There are green rank players who sometimes destroy yellow rank players like 3-0. I know because I have done it several times. Even people at Vanquisher rank get mopped by green players when they try using their alts against them. You talk as if there is this massive skill gap between green and yellow. The big reason people stay stuck in some ranks is because the way the rank up points work. You can win like 9 games in a row and still get no promotion. That's how you know the ranked system is a horrible reflection of player skill. Much less the fact that player clearly should be a higher rank.

They should have changed the way ranking worked it seems.

User Info: Dread_Breaker44

Dread_Breaker44
4 months ago#102
DaKila posted...
Dread_Breaker44 posted...
I remember you. Every time we were in a lobby, you'd be like "ah I'm so s***. Ffs I can't do anything". It took so much effort to get some enthusiasm out of you ._.

@Dread_Breaker44

I was 16 at the time a have a lot of social anxiety but I'm 20 now and I have grown out of it completely. The last few dying months of TR I got up to Yaksa still statless and I was was getting 13 win streaks against people 2 dans and above my rank.

I'm much more confident now. I'm in uni so I haven't played much TTT2 recently. I don't play much ranked on TTT2 but random player battles I have beaten a few Fujins before who wanted a rematch and people I meet on TR who also have TTT2.

f*** me, has it really been over 3yrs? I feel like crap now.
Str8 Fyre
http://imgur.com/7p6uHzz

User Info: animefan9

animefan9
4 months ago#103
DaKila posted...
animefan9 posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
DaKila posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
TheBatman91 posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...

@SnakeFang2
@Dread_Breaker44

They're not that great. They know combos, but that's about it. Yellow is where you start to find decent fighters.

What....

There are green rank players who sometimes destroy yellow rank players like 3-0. I know because I have done it several times. Even people at Vanquisher rank get mopped by green players when they try using their alts against them. You talk as if there is this massive skill gap between green and yellow. The big reason people stay stuck in some ranks is because the way the rank up points work. You can win like 9 games in a row and still get no promotion. That's how you know the ranked system is a horrible reflection of player skill. Much less the fact that player clearly should be a higher rank.

They should have changed the way ranking worked it seems.

I just find it very difficult to believe someone who is able to achieve Fighter/Vanguard rank across 4+ characters is truly a 'Green rank" player. Because to do this actually does require the player to truly have an understanding of how the game works. It's total nonsense to say said player is still green(no pun intended) around the ears.

DaKila
4 months ago#104
DaKila posted...
I remember you. Every time we were in a lobby, you'd be like "ah I'm so s***. Ffs I can't do anything". It took so much effort to get some enthusiasm out of you ._.

@Dread_Breaker44

I was 16 at the time a have a lot of social anxiety but I'm 20 now and I have grown out of it completely. The last few dying months of TR I got up to Yaksa still statless and I was was getting 13 win streaks against people 2 dans and above my rank.

I'm much more confident now. I'm in uni so I haven't played much TTT2 recently. I don't play much ranked on TTT2 but random player battles I have beaten a few Fujins before who wanted a rematch and people I meet on TR who also have TTT2.

f*** me, has it really been over 3yrs? I feel like crap now.

@Dread_Breaker44

Yeah... Funny how time passes...

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
4 months ago#105
@Dread_Breaker44 posted...

Well you guys run tourneys when I'm at work or come home with a sore back from work. Some people have real life problems you know.
Xbox360 handle: Skitz Gaea. PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102

DaKila
4 months ago#106
NaclynE posted...
@Dread_Breaker44 posted...

Well you guys run tourneys when I'm at work or come home with a sore back from work. Some people have real life problems you know.

Yeah, my gaming laptop screen broke it cost £800 to fix my laptop :(

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
4 months ago#107
@DaKila

yeh I remember you mate, you played Asuka also you put some vids on dailymotion

pretty sure you could be a good player after some more long term play, as most can with Tekken
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: SnakeFang2

SnakeFang2
4 months ago#108
@DaKila posted...
NaclynE posted...
DaKila posted...
No idea. I haven't played in green ranks in months. Most likely still filled with scrubs though.

Really? I thought green ranks were meant to be filled with really good players.

I wonder how well I would do against them...

I might make an alt account and go through greens then. Idk where you heard that though. Green ranks is always filled with dumbasses.

As I said in a separate thread Blue through Orange are try hards that spam the same stuff over and over again. Reds may be better players but not by much.

NaclynE
SnakeFang2
Dread_Breaker44
mmttbb
icecutter17
Flying_FoxDK
New_Gorgonite

I'm unknownxzy that always played statless and I use Asuka, Jun, Hwoarang, Law and Devil Jin btw. I can play a bit of Ling and Kazuya and Nina.

I've faced all you guys before on TR so I know you guys skill levels. You guys said I was pretty good and not a dumbass. So I guess I would be ranked higher than green ranks?

Asuka is pretty good, Whoreang is ridiculous, Law has an easy mode 14f launch punish ffs, and DJ is still an all round character with decent gimmicks. You yourself happen to be a good player.

Most definitely. I could see you being a Vanquisher (1st orange rank) if you really wanted to. You could be s*** according to that one topic xD
Will not remove this until Jun Kazama is confirmed for Tekken 7 (Started 9/21/15)
I don't have time to explain what I don't have time to understand! - Cayde-6

User Info: SnakeFang2

SnakeFang2
4 months ago#109
@animefan9 posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
DaKila posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...
TheBatman91 posted...
SnakeFang2 posted...

@SnakeFang2
@Dread_Breaker44

What....

There's a difference between beating an orange rank who's using a sub and beating an orange rank who's using their main. Then there's also the question of whether they tried or not.

On the green rank's end, they could be a smurf account. They could also be at a level that's much higher than a green ranks but for some reason, they retired at green. Maybe just so they could humiliate yellow ranks and higher or they found that cool looking green rank and stuck with it. Fighter is my favorite looking rank in Tekken because of the snakes.

I talk as if there's a massive gap between green and yellow because that's what I experienced when I climbed up the ranks. Just last night, I got Katarina from Fighter to Warrior in 6 fights and had 2 RQs. The players I fought abused unsafe moves even when I turtled them, they relied heavily on gimmicky moves like Backlash and Death Fist even when it didn't work the first 5 times, used the same move from a particular mixup, and didn't know how to punish. But they knew how to juggle, but they didn't use max damage or attempt to reset their combos. There was a Leo player who nearly beat my ass though. They had great spacing, great pokes, and great mixup game. Stuff I'd see around my highest rank. If they used better juggles instead of spamming jabs into screw, they would've definitely edged me out and gave me my 1st L with Katarina in Ranked Match. But those players are rare to see from green ranks.

The rank system is pure garbage and it feels like you can go on a massive win streak with no promo in sight, but a small losing streak leads to a demotion. T7 ranking feels a lot more generous than let's say, TTT2. Probably because you can get demoted and get your rank back after a couple of straight wins if your rank level is low enough. I got demoted from Savior to Destroyer, then got my Savior back and became Overlord in about a couple of hours.
Will not remove this until Jun Kazama is confirmed for Tekken 7 (Started 9/21/15)
I don't have time to explain what I don't have time to understand! - Cayde-6

User Info: mmttbb

mmttbb
4 months ago#110
@DaKila It's been a long time and Vanquisher+ would only be a matter of time thing for you to get. I don't even use rage drive in ranked similar to how you went statless and these guys are just gimmicky.
T7 Mains: Asuka, Xiaoyu, Josie
PSN ObeLucid, MTB-Perfect
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. We should make it a rule where lower rank people can't insult you.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived