Akuma ruined the story mode.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. Akuma ruined the story mode.

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
1 year ago#1
He was this super special guest character who just HAD to be in almost ever other scene and HAD to fight against each Mishima because he's that f***ing hamfisted into the nonsensical plotline. The story mode by itself was pretty poor, Akuma just pushed it over the edge into unmitigated s***.
We are so dead. But at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O

User Info: Kafkaf

Kafkaf
1 year ago#2
You're assuming it's actually Akuma
http://i.imgur.com/Zy2iT20.jpg

User Info: Beastofprey0079

Beastofprey0079
1 year ago#3
And then there's Geese Howard join the fray.

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
1 year ago#4
I agree

Whats worse is not only did he ruin the atmosphere by existing as Canon... they didn't even build his/Kazumis story

So by ruining atmosphere... I'm talking about how knowing he's a Street Fighter character can take one out of the Tekken universe

People can overreact to these things, for example the current season of Game of Thrones had a British pop star Ed Sheeran cameo for like a few minutes. Internet went hysterical about atmosphere.

I was thinking calm your hormones GoT fans. You guys had a celeb come in and dress up as someone from the GoT universe singing a song from the book (apparently). He and the people he was with served their purpose for a tiny portion of the entire season and probably will never be back.

While us in Tekken... have Akuma come in all his SF glory... be one of the most involved non Mishima characters in the story, even be one of the most involved characters in the opening intro of Tekken 7.
His role against Kazuya could have been played by Claudio, his role against Heihachi... I mean with so many original characters made for this game... they couldn't make one for that very purpose?

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
1 year ago#5
The reporter did

Just kidding

It was Harada
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: YakuzaArk

YakuzaArk
1 year ago#6
ThePatrick posted...
The reporter did

Just kidding

It was Harada

preach!
Interview with Video Game composer/Creator of Video Games Live Tommy Tallarico, Yakuza Locations Tour, & many more on: http://www.youtube.com/TheElecPlay92

User Info: Tyurru360

Tyurru360
1 year ago#7
Correction: Akuma ruined Tekken 7*
Check out my Anna Concept art: http://i.imgur.com/M9cxeA9.jpg
Or my DOA5 Helena costume entry: http://i.imgur.com/aZ3EmFU.png

User Info: Fear_Awakens

Fear_Awakens
1 year ago#8
Honestly, Story Mode wasn't really great to begin with, but I don't think Akuma really ruined it. The Narrator's voice did that.

That Akuma's presence was barely explained and they didn't say anything about how he knows Kazumi was bad, sure, but Kazumi herself was barely explained. Did she actually love Heihachi at any point? Was she the Demon, or was she just possessed by one? Why the f*** did she want Kazuya dead, too? If she wanted to kill Heihachi, why not just kill him while he was asleep or during intercourse? Why bother to marry him, have sex with him, then a kid? So that seems to suggest she had like a split personality deal and she loved him as a human, but her Demon self says she only got close to him so she could kill him.

Which would be easier if she didn't transform and then tell him "I am going to kill you" while he was wide awake and practicing his neck-snapping skills. Why did the narrator blame Jin for everything bad that happened, despite Jin certainly not being the guy who killed his family, on account of having passed out after fighting that world-ending god thing? Why do the non-Mishima story stages all suck and have no actual relevance in most cases and explain nothing, even for the individual character?

Sure, Akuma showing up with no explanation didn't help the clusterf***, but come on. It wasn't like the story would have been much better if they replaced him with, say, Feng.
There's gods inside these fists of mine.

User Info: WingedRegent

WingedRegent
1 year ago#9
While I agree that Akuma and Kazumi needed a lot more fleshing out in terms of backstory, I think you're over-estimating his effect on the story. Akuma doesn't show up until the halfway point of the Story, and then vanishes right before the Finale. He's not dominating every other scene in the Story Mode. His appearance is flawed for sure, and they could've used some backstory help on that front, but at the same time, he didn't overpower the story IMO.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82

User Info: SnakeFang2

SnakeFang2
1 year ago#10
Fear_Awakens posted...
Honestly, Story Mode wasn't really great to begin with, but I don't think Akuma really ruined it. The Narrator's voice did that.

That Akuma's presence was barely explained and they didn't say anything about how he knows Kazumi was bad, sure, but Kazumi herself was barely explained. Did she actually love Heihachi at any point? Was she the Demon, or was she just possessed by one? Why the f*** did she want Kazuya dead, too? If she wanted to kill Heihachi, why not just kill him while he was asleep or during intercourse? Why bother to marry him, have sex with him, then a kid? So that seems to suggest she had like a split personality deal and she loved him as a human, but her Demon self says she only got close to him so she could kill him.

Which would be easier if she didn't transform and then tell him "I am going to kill you" while he was wide awake and practicing his neck-snapping skills. Why did the narrator blame Jin for everything bad that happened, despite Jin certainly not being the guy who killed his family, on account of having passed out after fighting that world-ending god thing? Why do the non-Mishima story stages all suck and have no actual relevance in most cases and explain nothing, even for the individual character?

Sure, Akuma showing up with no explanation didn't help the clusterf***, but come on. It wasn't like the story would have been much better if they replaced him with, say, Feng.

Kazumi wanted Kazuya dead because if she died, she knew he would become a victim to Heihachi's cruelty and would grow up to be Heihachi 2.0. And that's exactly what happened. The messed up part is that you have to watch trailers in order to understand that Kazumi only wanted Akuma to execute his mission in the event that she failed to stop Heihachi herself. They didn't even mention this portion in the actual game. You do make a lot of good points on Kazumi wanting to kill Heihachi and all the opportunities she had to do so.

For the narrator, he blames Jin for starting the war in the first place. If there was no war to begin with, his family would probably still be alive right now.
Will not remove this until Jun Kazama is confirmed for Tekken 7 (Started 9/21/15)
"Fighting is about who's left standing. Nothing else."
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. Akuma ruined the story mode.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived