FADC? (Eliza)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. FADC? (Eliza)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
8 months ago#1
I'm not even going to pretend I know what this move is supposed to do - because I don't, but how the heck do I do it?

The notation makes no sense to me and when I try it she doesn't do anything - notable...

f n d df 3+4... all it does is her df3 kick
(and yes, I have her blood cauge set to full)

Probably the timing / neutral throwing me off - any tips for that?

And can you even do this as a stand alone move?

Help a 3D out here... lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxXr_c4NJM

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
8 months ago#2
It's based off a Street Fighter 4 mechanic where you could cancel anything into a Focus Attack and then dash cancel (hence the FADC).

Lisa's version can only cancel out of special moves (qct+p, etc) and goes into Moonlight Glide (f+4).
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

ThePatrick
8 months ago#3
Oh, and it costs 1/2 her blood drive meter

User Info: UrbanNinja88

UrbanNinja88
8 months ago#4
Not tried her yet but it's the same motion as a shoryuken.

Try tapping forward then do a quarter circle forward motion by sliding your thumb across from down to forward.

It could also be the timing pressing the 3+4 so map 3+4 to one of the shoulder buttons and see if that helps

ThePatrick
8 months ago#5
Strike that--it can cancel moves that can 2-in-1 like 1 or the second hit of 2,2 or fc+3 apparently. And the dark wave attacks (qtc+1 or 2).

Idk I don't use her much.

Also, the last poster was right; it's a shouryuuken motion and not a Tekken crouch dash motion (no "neutral")

unknown_VS
8 months ago#6
UrbanNinja88 posted...
Not tried her yet but it's the same motion as a shoryuken.

Yeah it definitely looks like it, but it's the "n" that's throwing me off still...

I've done it a couple of times since I posted but it only seems to work when I hit my opponent first, for example d1, then she suddenly does the FADC, so I'm still not sure if it even works without hitting your opponent first... ?

But yeah, the move still makes no sense to me, I don't see how the "cancel" part makes sense lol. It doesn't cancel anything it just dashes forward, kinda like her moon glide?

unknown_VS
8 months ago#7
ThePatrick posted...
Strike that--it can cancel moves that can 2-in-1 like 1 or the second hit of 2,2 or fc+3 apparently. And the dark wave attacks (qtc+1 or 2).

Idk I don't use her much.

Also, the last poster was right; it's a shouryuuken motion and not a Tekken crouch dash motion (no "neutral")

Ok, maybe the notation I got is wrong - that neutral part really makes zero sense to me.

So you have to do an attack first before it activates kinda?

Because like I said, I tried but she didn't do anything (except df3 kick) as soon I use 1 or d1 there's a chance she does it...

And yeah, idk for sure but I think it's really useful for some combos, which then obviously only work with meter (blood cauge).

User Info: UrbanNinja88

UrbanNinja88
8 months ago#8
I tried it just now

Honestly forget the neutral, it only means take your thumb off the d pad which you have to to get from forward to down at the beginning. This can be done quickly also so don't worry.

Also the fadc for example when she does the dark wave, the fadc has to be done soon as the dark wave touches the floor

If your struggling with the motion, pick Akuma in practice and do his shoryuken. If you do that you're doing it right

unknown_VS
8 months ago#9
Ok thanks, I think I understand now, I'll just need to practice it more. ^

unknown_VS
8 months ago#10
Lol yep the neutral is bs, got it now, it's weird I can do it much easier and reliable with Akuma, also his teleport, same movement...

Anyways, I'll need to practice a lot with Eliza, lots of her combos seem really overly difficult, but it's just practice and muscle memory probably - my max combo so far, 9 hits and 50 damage lol... I've seen 12, 14 hits with over 100 damage though from a jp player, so I guess I got some work to do still ! :p
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. FADC? (Eliza)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived