• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. Will Tekken 7 have a gay character?

User Info: Flamb0yntFr0sty

Flamb0yntFr0sty
4 years ago#1
I think it's about time, what do you think? I'm not sure about Asuka and Lili, they keep that kinda ambiguous.

User Info: VioletSystems

VioletSystems
4 years ago#2
Lesbian characters are okay for the vidyagame komyunity because lezbunz r hawt but when it's gay male characters they go eeeew you know since majority of the vidyagame komyunity are straight beta males.

Seriously speaking though I doubt they're going to give us an openly/stereotypically gay character. Lee and Hwoarang's metroness are probably the closest we'll get. The Asuka Lili thing is for the anime fanboys, but if Namco were to cater to the yaoi fangirls they'll push through Jin/Hwoarang, Kazuya/Lee, Heihachi/Jinpachi, Bryan/Lei, Paul/Law, etc.
KASG: kawaii anime school girl
http://goo.gl/h33Um4

User Info: Delkura

Delkura
4 years ago#3
Flamb0yntFr0sty posted...
I think it's about time, what do you think? I'm not sure about Asuka and Lili, they keep that kinda ambiguous.

Lili is bisexual, not sure about Asuka.

User Info: Honeybooboofat

Honeybooboofat
4 years ago#4
Delkura posted...
Flamb0yntFr0sty posted...

Lili is bisexual, not sure about Asuka.

Oh yeah those two are either straight up lesbians or bi. Perhaps Leo is too..
I hate gamefaq mods

User Info: Silver_Ogre

Silver_Ogre
4 years ago#5
So far, the only overtly gay part of the series I know of is Anna making a pass at Leo in Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFtM1rv373s

User Info: JuliafanAM

JuliafanAM
4 years ago#6
Is Ash in KoF gay? I know he looks like a girl, but not sure they've ever mentioned his sexuality. Well, for sure we have Guilty Gear's Venom. That's a gay character done with taste. I'm drawing a blank on any other gay fighting game characters, tho...

Though considering the dev team's obsession with KASGs, at best it'd be a cliche yuri fanservice schoolgirl romance.

User Info: Jubulacinder

Jubulacinder
4 years ago#7
No
ok

User Info: Honeybooboofat

Honeybooboofat
4 years ago#8
JuliafanAM posted...
Is Ash in KoF gay? I know he looks like a girl, but not sure they've ever mentioned his sexuality. Well, for sure we have Guilty Gear's Venom. That's a gay character done with taste. I'm drawing a blank on any other gay fighting game characters, tho...

Though considering the dev team's obsession with KASGs, at best it'd be a cliche yuri fanservice schoolgirl romance.

I do wonder, perhaps he is but he could be questionable. There are effeminate men in games/shows who actually are straight. Although I don't think he'd fit that. He probably is gay or bi.

Also yeah Venon was made correctly when it came to his sexuality. He was openly gay but he wasn't stereotypical (like Grell from Black Butler) and was very classy.

People say Eagle from Street Fighter is gay.

Also, It was said that in Blazblue.Tsubaki was originally suppose to be a yuri character but since it was hard to implement it in story for her, they changed that. However, it was said that Makoto was made to replace her as one though.
I hate gamefaq mods

User Info: JuliafanAM

JuliafanAM
4 years ago#9
Eagle does seem based on Freddie Mercury, who was bi/gay. I'm not sure SF ever confirmed it in-game or not, beyond some ambiguous win quotes.

But yeah, would like to see Tekken add a serious LGBT character. Or at least one with style.

User Info: Captian_Butts

Captian_Butts
4 years ago#10
Silver_Ogre posted...
So far, the only overtly gay part of the series I know of is Anna making a pass at Leo in Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign.

Who doesn't Anna make a pass at
Duh
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken 7
  3. Will Tekken 7 have a gay character?
  • Topic Archived