• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Battleborn Free Trial Edition too litlle too late?

User Info: Ada_Wongs_lover

Ada_Wongs_lover
2 years ago#1
https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-battleborn-free-trial/
So with the announcement of a New Free trial version of the game with a rotating cast of selectable heroes its good to see Gearbox still trying to keep the game alive but as the case when it was full price and got beaten by Overwatches popularity. With it being a free version will it be able to tempt people away from Paladins considering most new players will look at both and only choose one to play.
(message deleted)

User Info: TheSpoonman5

TheSpoonman5
2 years ago#3
Well, I haven't played much of Paladins (because I see it as an Overwatch knock off) but it doesn't seem to have as much content as Battleborn. However, Battleborn is certainly more in-depth and tactical, so if people choose to play Paladins over it, I imagine it's because they want a more casual experience.

Still, I really appreciate Gearbox's efforts and look forward to meeting the new players.
I am... The Spoonman!

User Info: Gwynbleidds

Gwynbleidds
2 years ago#4
Battleborn is scarred with the comparison to Overwatch, despite having few similarities in design. If people actually give it a shot and don't let blind judgement from fanboys determine whether or not they should play, then yes, the game has potential to gain a following again. I think word-of-mouth can help a lot.

While I admire GB's effort, I feel it's a bit to late. I'm just interested in B3 at this point.

User Info: Golem25

Golem25
2 years ago#5
Too little too late because the game is trash, really. Plays like ass, looks like ass, and sold like ass which makes playing it even more of a grind. This trial didn't even manage to let the game break 1K concurrent players on Steam so far.

It's like performing half-hearted CPR on a stillborn that has been rotting away since May last year.
clanbotc.jcink.net An excellent clan
Katawa Shoujo = GOTY 2012

User Info: Gwynbleidds

Gwynbleidds
2 years ago#6
^ How colorful.

User Info: TheSpoonman5

TheSpoonman5
2 years ago#7
Golem25 posted...
Too little too late because the game is trash, really. Plays like ass, looks like ass, and sold like ass which makes playing it even more of a grind. This trial didn't even manage to let the game break 1K concurrent players on Steam

It's like performing half-hearted CPR on a stillborn that has been rotting away since May last year.

That's the problem though, on PC it was doomed from the start with issues. On consoles though, particularly PS4 (which is the category this thread is in btw) it's very much alive with a following of numerous communities.
I am... The Spoonman!

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
2 years ago#8
Too little too late.

its too bad because I really liked this game, and would have loved to see a spike in activity.
The difficult done immediately; The impossible takes a little longer; Miracles by appointment.
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: zetsuei380

zetsuei380
2 years ago#9
So far the free trial didn't even helped much. Been playing since the trial started and I haven't been able to get into a pvp match, only been able to play against bots. Kinda sucks since this is my first time playing and I actually find the game fun.

User Info: Calix19

Calix19
2 years ago#10
Doing CPR on a corpse at this point. Matchmaking and design choices killed this game at launch, and there are too many quality games competing for players time/attention.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Battleborn Free Trial Edition too litlle too late?
  • Topic Archived