So, who's your favorite character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. So, who's your favorite character?

User Info: Bloody-skies

Bloody-skies
2 years ago#31
Galilea deande i also like mike i havent played melka that much so idk bout her yet :)
Stagnation is hopes remains.
Psn-Cloudsofmadness

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
2 years ago#32
"Boldur: Oh look it's Thor."

Really ? Thor is a dwarf and wield an axe now ?

"Caldarius: Oh look it's Gundam"

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Gundam are not 50 feet tall.

"El Dragon: Oh look it's a pro wrestler"

It's an oversized pro-wrestler with robotic arms...

"Ghalt: Oh look it's Barrett"

That's completely racist.

"ISIC: Oh look it's Krang"

Yeah, pretty sure Krang is an AI...

"Montana: Oh look it's roided up muscle dude"

Does a lot of game have those roided up, redneck, lumberjack guy ?

"Oscar Mike: Do I even have to say?"

Yeah, Oscar Mike is really not a CoD/Halo parody...

"Anybody can be reductive."

Yeah, but the difference is, aside for Rath and Thorn, your points are completely irrelevants. Someone must be blind not to see the complete rip-off that the Overwatch characters are...
I mean, Winston is completely the Beast from the X-Men. The only real difference is that Beast is more cat-like where Winston is an ape... But apart from that, they're both animal-looking with blue fur (blue-ish for Winston), glasses and an incredible intellect...

"In regards to quotes, the dialogue in this game is quite frankly not well written or funny."

Well, I could be a douche like you and say that you just don't have a well-developped sense of humor... You know, it's easy.

"I also like how you specifically chose more run of the mill quotes when their are better ones."

Like what ? Really I didn't hear anything jaw-breaking or just badass...

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
2 years ago#33
There's nothing unique about either.

Here's a napkin. Wipe the Gearspunk off your face.

User Info: DravynLeCrux

DravynLeCrux
2 years ago#34
I'm pretty sure with how much I've said it, my answer is obvious. Thorn and Galilea for the win.

Thorn is a rather good DPS who can hit hard, and keep the damage going. Ironically, I find her better for when I like to maintain close-mid range. Volley especially, when properly upgraded, becomes hell for anyone on the opposite side.

As for Galilea, she's more difficult to work with than most think, and not taking the right paths can lead to her doing poorly in both DPS and Tanking. She takes some planning ahead and gear use, but late game becomes a monster of an ally.

User Info: DustyChinchilla

DustyChinchilla
2 years ago#35
gatooo posted...

Yeah, but the difference is, aside for Rath and Thorn, your points are completely irrelevants. Someone must be blind not to see the complete rip-off that the Overwatch characters are...
I mean, Winston is completely the Beast from the X-Men. The only real difference is that Beast is more cat-like where Winston is an ape... But apart from that, they're both animal-looking with blue fur (blue-ish for Winston), glasses and an incredible intellect...

"In regards to quotes, the dialogue in this game is quite frankly not well written or funny."

Well, I could be a douche like you and say that you just don't have a well-developped sense of humor... You know, it's easy.

"I also like how you specifically chose more run of the mill quotes when their are better ones."

Battleborn has better/more interesting characters but Overwatch has MUCH better gameplay. And it's not a matter of "oh well I just like MOBAs better...". Overwatch has objectively better gameplay all around. Tighter gunplay, more balanced characters, faster pace, better maps, more heavily team-based, I could go on.

I'm not hating on Battleborn, I love both games. But you're acting like OW is bad, when from a gameplay standpoint it's the superior game.
Official Roadhog of the Overwatch Boards
"I'm A One-Man Apocalypse"

User Info: ZeroOption

ZeroOption
2 years ago#36
DravynLeCrux posted...
I'm pretty sure with how much I've said it, my answer is obvious. Thorn and Galilea for the win.

Thorn is a rather good DPS who can hit hard, and keep the damage going. Ironically, I find her better for when I like to maintain close-mid range. Volley especially, when properly upgraded, becomes hell for anyone on the opposite side.

As for Galilea, she's more difficult to work with than most think, and not taking the right paths can lead to her doing poorly in both DPS and Tanking. She takes some planning ahead and gear use, but late game becomes a monster of an ally.

I used Thorn once, admittedly only because someone beat me to the punch in selecting Marquis. Was anticipating frustrating slow fire rates but was very pleasantly surprised how how versatile a character she can be all round when used properly. And volley is an absolute dream of a skill. Love it.

User Info: Beck225

Beck225
2 years ago#37
I see it only took 8 posts for someone to try and derail this and try talk about Overwatch, some people just don't know how to talk about something without trying to bring something else down. Props to TC for trying to keep it on track; shame on gatooo.

I havent actually played the game yet, only the beta, hope to pick it up when it's released here, but I like the variety of all characters (looks wise), i don't care if they resemble anyone else, what doesn't these days?

I love the look of marquis though, pretty badass.
PSN: Babybear614 / Xbox GT: Mikey0928 / NNID: Mikey928 / 3DS FC is 3050 7531 8411 Add me, let's party!

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
2 years ago#38
DustyChinchilla posted...
gatooo posted...

Battleborn has better/more interesting characters but Overwatch has MUCH better gameplay. And it's not a matter of "oh well I just like MOBAs better...". Overwatch has objectively better gameplay all around. Tighter gunplay, more balanced characters, faster pace, better maps, more heavily team-based, I could go on.

I'm not hating on Battleborn, I love both games. But you're acting like OW is bad, when from a gameplay standpoint it's the superior game.

Overwatch and Battleborn have two DIFFERENT gameplay. And it's really stupid to compare them from that point of view. You can compare them for the fact that they emphase on their heroes or because their art style are very anime-ish/cartoon-ish but that's all.

Besides, yes, I find OW to be bad. I'm not saying it is bad though. I can see why is it more appealing than BB for some people (to put it bluntly, it's really more casual-friendly or even noob-friendly).
But, from my point of view, everything you said was better in OW I find it better in BB. Really, it's just a matter of opinion and I don't see why there is always the same OW fans criticizing BB while a lot BB fans don't even care about OW. Really it make look like OW fans have something to prove (weird for a game that is far better than BB, huh ?), it's heritating as hell

User Info: DustyChinchilla

DustyChinchilla
2 years ago#39
gatooo posted...
DustyChinchilla posted...
gatooo posted...

Overwatch and Battleborn have two DIFFERENT gameplay. And it's really stupid to compare them from that point of view. You can compare them for the fact that they emphase on their heroes or because their art style are very anime-ish/cartoon-ish but that's all.

Besides, yes, I find OW to be bad. I'm not saying it is bad though. I can see why is it more appealing than BB for some people (to put it bluntly, it's really more casual-friendly or even noob-friendly).
But, from my point of view, everything you said was better in OW I find it better in BB. Really, it's just a matter of opinion and I don't see why there is always the same OW fans criticizing BB while a lot BB fans don't even care about OW. Really it make look like OW fans have something to prove (weird for a game that is far better than BB, huh ?), it's heritating as hell

I mean you're the one who brought Overwatch in the thread, feeling the need to justify how much better Battleborn is. That's the only reason I commented. Most of us are adult enough to accept that both games are good for different reasons, but you felt the need to be all "Overwatch is bad and is for casuals".

Anyway, your preferred type of gameplay and personal opinion is irrelevant. OW has empirically, objectively better gunplay, so as a fundamental FPS it has better mechanics. The gunplay in BB can be wonky and frustrating with certain characters. OW has overall tighter gameplay.

Now if you prefer MOBA or team-based objective gameplay? That comes down to personal opinion,
Official Roadhog of the Overwatch Boards
"I'm A One-Man Apocalypse"

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
2 years ago#40
Actually this game is far more casual suited in gameplay terms.

Its the TIME aspect where it fails at being casual. Its not something you can pick up and accomplish anything in 10 minutes.

Just one form of identity crisis it suffers from, but perhaps one of the most severe and offputting for a number of people.

Overwatch, on the other hand, is hardly casual. It's on the opposite end, being somewhere at the e sport level of gaming. It's made for people who are extremely good at shooters.

If you aren't good at shooters, you are absolutely useless in ow.

In battleborn, you can contribute in many ways that don't require you to have skill as it pertains to killing other players.

Really, you are showing yourself to be more and more of a problem poster.

It's sounding, increasingly so, like you have never played either of these games.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. So, who's your favorite character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived