Single player worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Single player worth it?

User Info: cornflake

cornflake
1 year ago#1
Background:
I loved Borderlands and never touched multiplayer
I'm happy fighting AI bots
Short length doesn't bother me
Example of my single player tastes - I was also happy playing the old Star Wars Battlefronts single player missions a lot

As for PvP - I'm not a horrible gamer, but I generally get destroyed in anything PvP to the point that it's really not all that fun, especially in FPS games. Would there be any hope for fun for me in any of the PvP modes?

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#2
The thing with PvP is you can have a support character whose role doesn't consist in killing the opponent. So even if you suck at killing in FPS games you can be good at supporting your allies in this game.

User Info: gotohades

gotohades
1 year ago#3
I don't generally like PvP myself, but I'm having a blast supporting people as Miko. It's nice when I glue myself to a Montana and watch as the two of us dominate the field.
"You can make it all go away. Put your head back. Close your eyes. Wade into the quiet of the stream."- Hannibal
Castle Code: 03505-59493-60521-03428

User Info: cornflake

cornflake
1 year ago#4
gatooo posted...
The thing with PvP is you can have a support character whose role doesn't consist in killing the opponent. So even if you suck at killing in FPS games you can be good at supporting your allies in this game.

That's a bit more appealing to me. When I played MMOs, on the rare occasion I tried PvP stuff I was horrible at it. However, I was almost always a healer. Finally, I decided a new strategy - pick someone that looked like a strong character on my team and be their pocket healer. That was usually pretty fun for me and got me appreciated by the team more often than not.

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#5
cornflake posted...
gatooo posted...

That's a bit more appealing to me. When I played MMOs, on the rare occasion I tried PvP stuff I was horrible at it. However, I was almost always a healer. Finally, I decided a new strategy - pick someone that looked like a strong character on my team and be their pocket healer. That was usually pretty fun for me and got me appreciated by the team more often than not.

Like gotohades said, you can pretty much do that in Battleborn by playing Miko.

You can play Kleese too whose role is to put some kind of shield generator all around the battlefield to regenerate your allies shield while damaging ennemies' shield. (He also has a cool ability that heals anyone around him). Also, a character named Ambra as the same kind of ability but she regenerates heal instead of shield and she is a bit more offensive than Kleese.

Or you can play as Reyna to put "overshield" (it's like a second shield) over your allies (and you can heal them in the process if you have the good set of abilities).

User Info: Chrebet808

Chrebet808
1 year ago#6
the game is really not that great for just playing the campaign single player. i feel like it doesnt scale the enemies down to create a fun and balanced solo experience. certain enemies like bossfights and even some of the higher tier grunts have far too much health and do way too much damage, considering you only get a specific amount of lives to get you through each chapter.
I was programmed to kill your ass!

User Info: audioheretic

audioheretic
1 year ago#7
I wouldn't get it for solo play... yet. I agree with the other sentiments here, it doesn't feel tuned for playing solo and feels like a slog. It's a blast with others though.
PSN: audioheretic

User Info: muzakislife

muzakislife
1 year ago#8
As a primarily single player gamer I agree with the community add far as not being scaled down to hundreds on one, but that also creates a greater challenge. That being said I am attempting to finish the entire story solo, (mostly since all of my friends are either still playing destiny of have moved to either the division or overwatch.)

Also if any one would like help finishing either the story or challenges let me know, I'll be glad to help.
PSN is pYSCHeVAL-FAIL
Currently playing Destiny and Elder Scrolls Online.

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
1 year ago#9
The campaign was the best part of this game for me, I hated the PvP. The Overwatch beta is vastly superior. The problem with that for me, personally, was that even the campaign requires a constant connection and I can't justify that unless it's a game I'm having fun with online specifically. I'm not trolling in saying this, as I don't mean the PvP is bad necessarily, I just don't like it at all.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
1 year ago#10
If you have no interest whatsoever in the PvP then I can't recommend this game to you. The story missions aren't worth it by themselves (even if you do online co-op). The game really feels like a MOBA with a FPS gimmick and a story mode tacked on as an afterthought.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Single player worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived