Metacritic's reviews

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Metacritic's reviews

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
1 year ago#41
This game has quite a few problems. It would still have those problems even if they hadn't welched on promises.

So take your basic bulls*** to some other s*** show, Marks.

Apologists are the absolute worst form of human garbage. Apologists who are too stupid to form a valid argument are somehow beneath even that. Beneath absolute. That's impossibly bad.

If you lack a critical eye, just what business do you have reviewing anything or arguing with a review?

This game needed more time. Needed better design decisions. Honestly there's some flat out stupidity in some of those decisions, to the point where you might wonder why someone still has that job.

You can also see their gross overestimation of their own timescale, with them constantly making claims that end up missing the target.

Much of that is likely just sneaky marketing bulls*** they hoped to get away with, unfortunately that blew up on them.

Truth is they don't have any idea what they are doing.

I'd even go point for point on what's wrong with the design of the game itself, but I would wager many reviews have already mentioned many of them.

So maybe it was a good thing they didn't go in on ads.

The backlash would be incredible, if more people had been roped in.

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#42
Ana_Nuann posted...
This game has quite a few problems. It would still have those problems even if they hadn't welched on promises.

Apologists are the absolute worst form of human garbage. Apologists who are too stupid to form a valid argument are somehow beneath even that. Beneath absolute. That's impossibly bad.

If you lack a critical eye, just what business do you have reviewing anything or arguing with a review?

This game needed more time. Needed better design decisions. Honestly there's some flat out stupidity in some of those decisions, to the point where you might wonder why someone still has that job.

You can also see their gross overestimation of their own timescale, with them constantly making claims that end up missing the target.

Much of that is likely just sneaky marketing bulls*** they hoped to get away with, unfortunately that blew up on them.

I'd even go point for point on what's wrong with the design of the game itself, but I would wager many reviews have already mentioned many of them.

Blaming that people who likes a game you don't like lacks a "critical eye" is really a s***ty way to say "look, my opinion is better than yours !".

User Info: chrisco84

chrisco84
1 year ago#43
Ana_Nuann posted...

Hahahaha, still salty about not getting your key princess, of course you rag on the game, you ONLY WANTED TO USE 1 CHARACTER THE WHOLE TIME. EVER. So you would experience 1/25 of the game.

Your opinion is the furthest from objective. Actually below that, what did you call them?

Oh, thats right, "Beneath Absolute".

This would make you Beneath the people who are "Beneath Absolute". Do you have a witty quip for that? Because that is what you are.

Move on now, you do not like the game, no reason for you to be here.

Laters :)

User Info: TrueDozenMarks

TrueDozenMarks
1 year ago#44
Ana_Nuann posted...

See what I mean?

User Info: chrisco84

chrisco84
1 year ago#45
TrueDozenMarks posted...
Ana_Nuann posted...

See what I mean?

If you had your first comment (about people criticising and others just bashing) in the dictionary.
It would simply be a picture of Ana Nuann. He/She could not have summed up your comment better, go read their thread about how they didn't get an unlock key for more immaturity.

Also in the dictionary their picture would be right next to Random Kid who Rages on the Internet for no Reason, among other things.

I agree with you, the game has issues, what game does not? BUT, if you wish to discuss, explain a little why you feel that etc. Do not just go HAM and abuse random people, it is not a good look.

Example: I myself am giving the Story a go Single Player (not the optimal way to play it but I wish to play it in order without having to quit out of matchmaking, thus upsetting other players, my choice) BUT, there is a 120 minute Time Limit per 'session' even when it is just me in a private match that no one can join. Now for most that is plenty of time, I myself have a newly pregnant wife who is rather nauseas 100% off the time and at the drop of a coin I could be pulled away for an hour. I cannot pause, nor save.

Now this is a personal choice (to play single player) and also a product of timing (wife pregnant/sick at time of game release) so I do not blame the devs, I hope in the future a patch can be implemented to allow longer game sessions/pausing (inc the timer)/saving when playing single player story.

See, a simple issue I have with the game, explained and without abusing anyone. Anger issues about meaningless stuff like games (in the grand scheme of things, as fun as they are) tend to reduce with age and wisdom. Ana, take note...... or scoot off to another board where someone might stroke your ego.

User Info: Flownaway86

Flownaway86
1 year ago#46
Saying this game has lack of content is not true.
I agree on SFV (as much as I love the franchise, they did really wrong this time with it) but not Battleborn.

6 maps is low if you don't have anything else. And still will have free maps along the way. Campaign has 8 missions with different difficulties to find new and better gear and unlock new characters. Plus all the skins you have.

It seems more than enough for launch if you ask me.

User Info: narfa

narfa
1 year ago#47
This game wasn't on my radar and I had no expectations for it but I am pleasantly surprised. I would say a 7.5-8 is very fair.

I don't get the lack of content argument. There are a ton of characters and unlocks. I would complain about maps but this number of maps is pretty standard for a MOBA type game, so I'll let that slide. There have been so many games released this gen that basically launch with jack s*** and you're waiting for six months to actually have stuff to do and I don't feel that way with this game. The sheer amount of well fleshed out characters adds a ton of longevity to me.

All in all, for a unique game that we really haven't seen yet in this type of genre, it came out very well. It's rare to have a new IP come out this good out of the box.
black out or get out.

User Info: DayFul1

DayFul1
1 year ago#48
Flownaway86 posted...
I agree on SFV (as much as I love the franchise, they did really wrong this time with it) but not Battleborn.

6 maps is low if you don't have anything else. And still will have free maps along the way. Campaign has 8 missions with different difficulties to find new and better gear and unlock new characters. Plus all the skins you have.

Battleborn and SF5 are a long way apart Battleborn tries to give pve players something to chew on with the added bonus of a large character roster to keep those pve maps fresh while the main course is still the multiplayer. SF5 on the other hand is utterly barren for people who don't want to go online and get stomped (Survival is the worst kind of ai being rolfIstomp until the last 2/3 fights where they decide to go super saiyan and read your inputs) regret getting roped in to that while with Battleborn I can see myself playing this a long time provided the community holds up so that the game wait times aren't too high.

There was a good but lengy post to the devs on the gearbox forums about the queue times it is indeed an area they really need to improve on especially while the overwatch beta match wait time is rarely above 15 seconds.

User Info: ZephyrADK

ZephyrADK
1 year ago#49
Flownaway86 posted...

I don't really believe SFV to be a fair comparison. That game is lacking in content but being a fighting game it doesn't need a lot of it. Having pitch perfect mechanics and a deep metagame is far more important to a fighting game than having lots of stuff. Unfortunately SFV dropped the ball on that too...

As for Battleborn it does have a decent amount of maps but the game play within them is quite repetitive. Gearbox clearly relied on the writing to carry people through in lieu of a varied and engaging level design. That works for a little while but once the humor wears off it ends up being nothing more than a monotonous grind.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Metacritic's reviews

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived