• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project CARS
  3. Best Controller Setting

User Info: chizzaroid

chizzaroid
5 years ago#1
https://youtu.be/3VCWf8fsJ0o

To people having steering issues, this is the best I've found after trying quite a few. This guy also makes excellent Forza car builds. I've tested this setup with GT3 and Formula A cars so far, and both have worked well. Hope this helps some!

Steering Deadzone: 10
Steering Sensitivity: 10

Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 20

Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 20

Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 50
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 45

Force Feedback: 100
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: On
Soft Steering Dampening: On
Visual Wheel Filtering: On
Opposite Lock Help: Off
GT: Chizzatron
PSN: Chizzamatic

User Info: ProfanaT

ProfanaT
5 years ago#2
Not that far off from what I've been using, but I'll give it a go because I'm still making minor tweaks here and there to find that sweet spot.
GT: Foosay
Yeah, that sounds like something I would say.

User Info: Purple_Cheetah

Purple_Cheetah
5 years ago#3
Huh, this is actually really close to what I've been using on my own fiddling for hours.

Only differences being:
Steering DZ: 5
Steering sen: 20

Throttle DZ : 0
Speed sen: 70

However I forgot about the advanced, so I'll have to now figure out what those actually do* and adjust accordingly.

*- Steering assistance set to on will actively tilt your car towards the corner and fights you on straights so your inputs are fairly deadened. Can be sorta useful, but otherwise makes control/input random as it tries to force you on whatever line it wants. Ofcourse it doesn't tell you, afaik.

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
5 years ago#4
Best setting is to walk away until the patch imo, don't get comfy, it'll be different when it's patched and throw you off.
Use energy save mode not instant on and quit apps, settings, everything before you play a game. Xbox One How to Quit Games and Apps: http://youtu.be/5aMH0h1r9Tk

User Info: NintendoSkater

NintendoSkater
5 years ago#5
kennyynnoo posted...
Best setting is to walk away until the patch imo, don't get comfy, it'll be different when it's patched and throw you off.

Makes sense. Paid $64 for a game just to let it sit on the table :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Xbox Live: theCrunkZilla

User Info: Maverickneo

Maverickneo
5 years ago#6
Yea unfortunately this needs to be patched. Steering is a HUGE problem.

User Info: Moonshank

Moonshank
5 years ago#7
Waited for this game for long time, I can be patient and wait a little longer to its patched before buying it
Faith sees the invisible,feels the intangible,and achieves the impossible

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
5 years ago#8
NintendoSkater posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Makes sense. Paid $64 for a game just to let it sit on the table :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yeah it does make sense, rather then get good with the dead zone existing then get screwed up with the patch wait a few days to a week so you can play it proper.
Use energy save mode not instant on and quit apps, settings, everything before you play a game. Xbox One How to Quit Games and Apps: http://youtu.be/5aMH0h1r9Tk

User Info: munzman68

munzman68
5 years ago#9
At first I thought it was just me sucking at the game. Glad other people feel the same way about the steering with a controller. Hard to believe that after all the delays they still have this problem. Is the game optimized for a steering wheel?

User Info: Shadow128

Shadow128
5 years ago#10
munzman68 posted...
Is the game optimized for a steering wheel?

Those playing with a wheel seem to be having a grand old time, so I'm going to figure that they probably catered the controls to a wheel and that the controller got the afterthought treatment. I hope the patch puts these issues to rest, because playing with the controller is really frustrating for most of the cars, even with the best control setup I can find (I'm using the one from the OP, with slight tweaks).
  1. Boards
  2. Project CARS
  3. Best Controller Setting
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

project cars v F1 2015? General1 Answer