• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry Compilation
  3. 360 version details

User Info: ddd321

ddd321
5 years ago#1
Hi,

Just to let you know, the 360 version of Far Cry compilation is 10 bucks cheaper and has all games on a separate discs. So Blood Dragon has its own disc, FC 2 has it's own disc and so on. It has three discs in total for three games. So no download code required.

Plus, you can play all games without installing them and if you want to install, you can only install FC 2 and 3. Blood Dragon must be played off the disc.

For anyone expecting fixed shadows in FC 2, you will be disappointed. But honestly, the dithered edges of shadows isn't an issue overall, and only really becomes apparent when couple of thin shadows from tree branches appear at the end of a gun. But even then you have to be sitting close to the TV to notice, because from the distance shadows blend in pretty well. But personally, I did find this version better than the PS3 version since that one has fuzzier textures due to the odd anti aliasing tech used.

FC 3 has no improvements to speak of. Same version as the original release. I was expecting them to fix the draw distance, because it's extremely short on consoles - kinda immersion breaking when you see plants/trees render from a flat sprite to a 3d object so closely. Anyways.

All in all, It's sad that PS3 owners got shafted here, since that compilation is 40 and they get a code for blood dragon. But, If you have a choice, 360 version is the way to go for sure.

So there you have it. UBISoft finally listened to its fans and brought out a proper compilation. Enjoy.

ddd321
5 years ago#2
Unfortunately, the discs are stacked on top of each other in the case. So if you are a**l about disc scratches, you might wanna keep this in mind.

I switched to the Rage's game case because that one has three separate disc holders, and since I play these games more often, I feel this is an good alternative.

User Info: vinyalonn83

vinyalonn83
5 years ago#3
Is FC2 "remastered" in this compilation, or is it the same as the older 360 version?

ddd321
5 years ago#4
All games look similar to the original releases and there's no mention of a remaster on the box (front or back).
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry Compilation
  3. 360 version details
  • Topic Archived