• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: metlspaz4

metlspaz4
4 months ago#1
I played this game years ago until my vita literally exploded and destroyed my copy of DT 2 inside of it (i had gotten to post game at this point) I picked up a new vita and DT2 this year during the pandemic because I am bored.

Siren is hands down, the most broken boss in Chapter 4, it does not matter what your team makeup is, it does not matter if you stack to 30%+ wind res. She is 95% of the time uninterruptible in her casts, and after changing my res around, which change dlittle to none of the damage reduction. it still consistently does 225+ damage to all characters.

Cover only works on single target moves and at level 3/5 still breaks after getting hit once for 1-3 damage by one of the sheep.
Tried running Valk/Trickster/Assassin/Sorcerer/Dancer, Valk/Trickster/Archer/Sorcerer/Dancer, Valk/Trickster/Assassin/Enchanter/Dancer, and basically mixing Monica and Melvy to all possible combos, and consistently getting s*** on the moment she decides let me spam cast this super broken move that you cant interrupt even after managing to hit me 7 times.

Being level 23+ has not changed anything outside of the damage from the adds, those went down from 70ish to 20, but Siren's damage is unaffected. I even managed to get 4x hit on Danger Shoot and it did not phase her casting.

I think when I played this years ago, I do not remember trouble here at all and getting Grishna much faster. It's literally not skilled based at this point, just RNG hell. I remember loving the design of all fights last time, but this one, is pure crap.

TLDR, Siren is way overtuned
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people" -House
Playing- Tales of Vesperia, TAC

User Info: mongopikis

mongopikis
4 months ago#2
Siren was my wall too. I managed it at about lvl 17 on my replay by begging and crying and whimpering and reloading over and over until finally having weak stab work a few times in a row.

I was vaguely considering just slapping on all the scouts from the DLC but that felt wrong.

Supposedly Silence Sting on Assassin works, but I went with Archer.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: metlspaz4

metlspaz4
4 months ago#3
Oh been a while mongo. yeah literally after writing this I won. Siren decided to never cast Turbulence and it was easy. and yeah silence kept failing over and over and over.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people" -House
Playing- Tales of Vesperia, TAC

User Info: mongopikis

mongopikis
4 months ago#4
Yeah, restarted recently too since my older save got corrupted.

Out of curiousity, went to check the stats of Siren. On the second line "effective ailments: paralysis, slow". Ah well. Should have at least figured silence wouldn't do it since she was spamming wind skills.
(edited 4 months ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A