• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SchwarzerFrost

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#1
I just beat the first King after many tries. I could only beat him because I used like 15 Silver Keys......
I gave everyone Nullify Instakill and he still destroyed my team without Silver Keys.

I hope the next 3 are not that hard else I need to farm more Keys I guess.

Are the Four Kings stronger than the Wandering Briagde?

User Info: Final_Cataclsym

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#2
This is actually where I can't help yah. My team was fully crowned, level 99 and broken as hell by the time I fought the four kings. Loaded up a save at the top of Tver floor 15 and the boss only got to act once before getting the floor mopped with'em.

Not sure how to compare it with other bosses like the Wandering Brigade when they only get to act a turn or two now. 8 Gods are effectively a walk in the park for me unless Maid Sensei keeps her Limiter Removal Buff on. They just take longer than regular enemies.

Then again, that's what happens when you Crown 36 characters, max out their EXP and build custom equipment based on speed and damage reduction. They become nearly impossible to kill.

Only items I keep on hand are Leaf, Therian Seal, New World Egg, Diploma, Four Leaf Mandra and Mui Kaha Medicine. Mostly I just use the first three as needed. Mandra Princess Sealbooks and Maid's Generous Heart keep me topped off. If I need to heal, Valkyrie has Circle Heal.

I like that this game can certainly be challenging, but if you put enough time into it, you can just be unstoppable. I do remember when enemies could really threaten me, but it's been well over 400 hours (in game) for me since I first fought Angra Mainyu. Currently my clock sits at 864:37...
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#3
I think I have trouble because I am using Samurai instead of Valkyrie, and Mistress instead of Etoile.
I will just crown them both now over the next weeks.

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#4
SchwarzerFrost posted...
I think I have trouble because I am using Samurai instead of Valkyrie, and Mistress instead of Etoile.
I will just crown them both now over the next weeks.
Behold perfection:
https://twitter.com/FinalCataclsym/status/993336818518118400

She has 5 Speed Ups, 5 AGI Ups, 5 Physical Resist Ups, 5 Received Damage Down and Mandra Princess for +100 Element Resist. She reduces physical damage by 40% and magic by 50% after Def/Res and Physical/Element resists. Which is to say not a lot under Waltz if she's not using Samba.
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#5
Final_Cataclsym posted...
Behold perfection:
https://twitter.com/FinalCataclsym/status/993336818518118400

She has 5 Speed Ups, 5 AGI Ups, 5 Physical Resist Ups, 5 Received Damage Down and Mandra Princess for +100 Element Resist. She reduces physical damage by 40% and magic by 50% after Def/Res and Physical/Element resists. Which is to say not a lot under Waltz if she's not using Samba.

That's broken :D
So does it mean that +99 Equip is better than those rare Unique drops? I beat Angra Mainyu now, sadly did not get the dagger. I got some Alpha and Omega Ring, it says immune to physical attacks, sounds strong I will give it my Mistress. Next I will try Guilty Requim.

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#6
Here's a list of all Uniques that are worth using end game IMO.
- Big Dipper Sword for MPs
- Ceremonial Tutu for MPs
- Vanadis Plate for Fighters
- Ophidian Eye for Scouts
- Ame Maka for Snipers
- Hyakka Ryouran for PA
- Cthuga Cuirass for Spielers
- Megiddo's Tome for Sages
- Malicious Divinity for Mistress
- Slaughtering Daeva for TH, JO, KN (If you aren't using darts)
- Vajra for Eltricia Bishop with Thunder Chain
- White Album for Diva
- Alpha and Omega (Definitely if they go Enchantress to Sage)
- Kaguya's Robe if going Bard to Mistress

I base that list on the possibility that those classes Crowned will have enough speed and agility to outweigh or exceed any downside of not building your own equipment. I like having +100 Physical and Element resist, high agility and speed for turn order, heavy damage reduction and finally attack. By keeping attack last, speed and resists first, you take lots of turns, so lower damage doesn't become an issue. Where you can marriage speed and damage, like a Sniper with Ophidian Eye, you will lose defense, but you are still heavily protected through resists. Received Damage Down is usually the one I'll pass up on first, but some high speed weapons and skills make it viable to have less than 5 Speed Ups. Some class combinations don't have enough speed to lose the Speed or Agility ups.

Like, Valkyrie I'd love to use the Aegis Shield, but it leaves her two AGI points below max turn speed with a 1 handed lance. And since Mandra Princess is the go to end game sealbook because of Element Resist Grand Up, it is hard to get more Agility from a Sealbook. What sucks more than that though, was stat ups USED to be calculated cuminitively instead of individually. Like, you got +50% AGI instead of +10% Rounded down 5 times. So on the PSP, the characters were just a little bit better when stat stacking.

If you need more specifics or recommendations for final equipment, let me know. I have builds for every class combination, but it is usually Agi on all equipment, 3 speed ups on weapon, 3 physical resist on armor, 3 received damage down on shields and a mix of all 4 on helms and rings.

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#7
Thanks for the info. I guess I will remove some of my uniques and use +99 instead.
But I think its kinda sad that this game is like that, some Unique equip has cool names to it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A